Chapter Five

Trixie walked in looking down at her feet, knowing Katya would already be there. She got in the lockers and changed. Her hair was in a bun, dark pink leggings, and a grey tight shirt. Trixie got into the rink avoiding eye contact with Katya, skating to the opposite side of where Katya was at. When she turned around she could feel Katya's eyes on her, how they wouldn't leave her alone for one minute. Once Trixie warmed up she saw Violet and Shea walk in, go into the lockers, and come into the rink. Minutes after the coach walked in.

"So, hi ladies." He said gesturing with his hands. "Before practice, I have an announcement to make. Trixie, Katya, you two won't be working together any longer" Trixie heard Shea and Violet giggle. "Instead you will have a male partner take each other's part. So, with that said, we can start working. Say hi to Ron and Pete." Two young guys walked in, a ginger one and a dirty blonde one. "Ron will partner up with Katya and Pete will partner up with Trixie." Trixie and Katya nodded and got with their partners. "Before starting drink a bit of water and warm-up."

Even though she already warmed up Katya decided to warm up a bit more, until two girls approached her. Violet and Shea stood in front of her unannounced. Katya had to abruptly stop herself from crushing against them.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Katya said to them.

"Why did you get another skating partner?" Shea said smiling.

"I knew you couldn't handle lifting that pig any longer." Violet smiled and Shea giggled. Katya turned to Trixie. Trixie was looking at her and when she realized Katya saw her she quickly turned her head in another direction.

"Jesus you're so stupid and annoying." Katya scoffed.

"I'm just saying the truth and you know that."

"You are seriously so unhappy with yourself you have to tear others down like that? you're pathetic Violet." Katya tried to handle the anger.

"Look who talks." Shea started. "Like when you win you don't throw it in everybody's face, cocky idiot."

"At least I don't shame people for something they can't help! Trixie isn't even fat. Your brain is just rotten!" Katya was filling up with anger.

"You say that because you don't have to lift her anymore" Violet smiled.

"I swear to god I will pull your fucking teeth out of your mouth with my fist if you don't learn to shut the fuck up!" Katya screamed. She felt everyone's eyes on her.

"Hey hey hey, what's going on here." The coach came closer to the girls.

"Just a little discussion that got heated up," Shea said.

"They were fat-shaming Trixie!"

"I understand Katya, but you can't threaten someone like that."

"It's not a threat, it's a prediction." Katya crossed her arms.

"Katya!" The coach said.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Katya looked down to her feet.

"Now can we please focus on the skating part? First up Shea and Violet." The coach said grabbing her forehead.

Katya, Trixie, Pete, and Ron walked out of the rink, sitting on the benches. Katya looked at the girls practicing while biting her lower lip. They were assholes but shit they were talented. Katya felt Trixie move closer to her.

"Why did you do that?" Trixie asked.

"Do what" Katya didn't take her eyes off the two girls sliding through the ice.

"Defend me."

"I wasn't defending you, I was saying the truth, Trixie."

"Thank you anyway." She heard Trixie's smile in the sentence.