<3

-Mr Whitehead POV-

I hadn't been paying attention ever since that new transfer student had arrived. Something about him had drawn me in and wouldn't let me go. I knew i musn't look at him any longer. My mind was aching to look away and pay attention to what the teacher was on about. But i didn't. Hence why i got a detention for not meeting the attention standards. 

"In here too?"

 I heard a voice ask, coming from behind me. It's well after school hours and i was about to head off home. I look around to see who it is so i could quickly dismiss their conversation offer, but when i looked, i saw that it was him. His eyes were as blue as the ocean, so deep and gorgeous. It made it hard not look in awe at the sight. He was quite tall too. Around 6ft maybe? I don't know. All i did know is that something about him made the butterflies in my stomach come alive.

"Apologies if i startled you a little bit, i could kind of guess you thought you were the only one here"

"It's quite alright, it wasn't too much of a startle." In fact, i didn't mind it at all. 

"Well, i hope so. How come a student like you got detention anyways? you're in top set for absolutely everything aren't you? Even Science."

"Aha, yes. Well, i got a bit distracted and carried away." At him...

"Ah well, happens to the most of us."

"Ha, yeah.."

"Right, best be off then. Don't wan't my mother to freak" He said. 

He grabbed his stuff from his chair and on the way to the exit he passed a smirk and wink to me, leaving me blushing and with him chuckling as he leaves the room. 

I was in shock for the rest of the night. Did he really wink at me? No. It had to have been my imagination right? Right?... My sister caught onto my 'weird behaviour' and started questioning me like this is a police interrogation. I eventually had enough of her intrusive attitude, getting me to push her out of my room, whilst slamming and locking the door.  I had the right to after all, she had been bugging me for 2 hours straight. I just can't stop thinking about him though. His eyes, his hair, his lips... No, i shouldn't think like this. But i can't stop. Why do i keep thinking about him this way? Why can't i stop? He is just a boy after all. A tall, handsome, dreamy eyed boy... Ugh. It's impossible to stop thinking about him. Eventually, i brought myself to realise that it is 11pm and i had been thinking about the situation for nearly 5 hours. 

"Time to get some sleep" I thought, while slowly drifting off.