Chapter 2 - Home Alone

Make sure to leave a like and follow for updates!

*****

"This is a rather large house," Da-Bin pointed out, sharp gray eyes scanning the large and yet empty space. No furniture or decoration adored the floors or the walls, even with the plentiful sunlight entering through the many windows, the house still felt gloomy. It felt empty. A house, but not a home.

Grunting a bit, a boy stood next to the women, their features alike and yet different by stance. They shared the same sharp features, and nearly identical gray eyes, with the exception of stance, as unlike the women, his shoulders sagged, and instead of a confident appearance, he seemed tired, as if life head beaten him up and forced him to stand again, "Well," Yoongi started off, running his hands through his hair as if trying to wake himself up, "The place was getting suffocating."

Da-Bin only scoffed a bit at her son, "What's not what I meant."

"What did you mean?" Even with the tiredness, there was no doubt they were mother and son as gray eyes clashed with one another.

"Don't play stupid, expeciall not to me," Da-Bin spoke ratehr coldly as she walked towards the center of the room that would turn into the living room, heels clicking and echoing through the empty house, "You bought such a large house. An expensive one at that, but you're the only one living in it. Can you even afford this?" Money talks with parents were always harsh.

Yoongi could only flinch, instantly shifting his gaze away from his mother from her words, "all of us are paying for it...it's just..."

"The seven of you have been working it out for nearly a year. For nearly a year you've been separated, so when will everyone eventually start living in this house?" Da-Bin noticed the way her son seemed to shrink back at her words, as if it actually caused him physical harm, and it stung her heart, but she couldn't be weak.

Da-Bin couldnt be weak, when her son was at his lowest right now.

"We're still figuring things out mom," Yoongi seemed as if he was trying to convince himself, "just give us some more time."

"Last I checked, Jimin basically disappeared from reality, he dropped out of his senior year of college. Hoseok moved to Seoul to open up another dance studio. Namjoon switched to another department in Seocho-gu. Seokjin went back to Gwacheon-si to live with his sister. Only Teahyung and Jungkook are together, finishing college."

"Of course you looked into everything."

Of course Da-Bin did, it was the only way she could make sure Yoongi and the others were alright, due to the blatant refusal of her son to text or call her about these things. While she rarely interacted with them, Da-Bin did care for her son's soulmates, already seeing them as her own children she should watch over, even if in such an unconventional way.

Making a dismissing getsure with her hands, Da-Bin only hummed, "You already know, don't be so mad. So what happened to true soulmate love? Never wanting to let go of your soulmates," she recited the very words Yoongi would tell her all the time when Da-Bin lectured him about moving out so soon.

Yoongi, once again, got defensive, as if trying to defend his soulmates but also convince himself, "I didn't let anyone go, we all decided that it would be good to take some time apart. To think about things..." He trailed off, his thoughts sinking him back in.

Da-Bin already knew, but she wondered if Yoongi knows his own thoughts and emotions, "What things can you possibly need to think about? It's not like anything major happened. You've all been inseparable once you all bonded together, lived for so many years in an apartment together. What caused everything to fall apart?" She knew the reasoning.