Scorpion Vs Sub-Zero

As a gust of flames erupted from the grass, growing as they licked against the thatched roofed huts, Sub-Zero stood quietly, waiting for his opponent, who would be in front of him any moment now. But minutes had past and no one was there.

The forest was deeply ominous. Sub-Zero bent on one knees to inspect the dirt that lay under his boot. It was shrill and burning an icy blue. He had been waiting here for quite some time, and just finally was his patience being tested. He rose once more and finally he saw him in all of his false glory.

A chain was slung around his shoulder which he whipped around so it fell into his hand. He twirled it, taunting his brother to make a move. His eyes were burning more than usually, thinking this would finally be the moment he claimed victory. But he was wrong, as Sub-Zero had more power and more concentration. Scorpions anger grew. Just as Sub-Zeros did as well.

They were ready to fight just like they did as children. But now...only one victor could remain.

Scorpion fazed throughout the air, delivering a shadow kick at Sub-Zeros back. Zero was sent to his knees; performing a grapple by latching his hand onto Scorpions mask and ripping him forward. Scorpion was sent tumbling but his wrist stopped him from traveling any farther. He charged; clashing fists with his brother. Scorpion threw his left hand for a direct smack to Zeros left cheek. The impact caused Zeros face to snap to the left. Scorpion threw a wave of jabs directed at his brothers abdomen. Each impact helped in breaking his ribs. Zero halted the jabs by striking his foot up; knocking his brother off his feet. Scorpion stumbled backward and readied his stance to charge again.

Six quick adrenaline pumped jabs to the right cheek; Scorpion darted around Zero and bashed his head in with his elbow. Zero threw a punch knowing it wouldn't hit anything. Zero hooked his brothers jawline with a round-house kick. Scorpion positioned himself so he wouldn't lose balance, then sent a wave of fire in Zeros direction. Sub-Zero was unfazed by the fiery embers and propelled a well balanced kick to Scorpions chest. Scorpion skidded his heels across the dirt; digging them in farther so he wouldn't lose balance and look like a losing fool.

Sub-Zero drove his fist into his brothers chest, then sent another lightning fast jab to his nose, which he felt crack and break from the pressure of the blow. Scorpion blocked his next attack but was unable to block the one after. A fatal blow impacted against his neck, Zeros foot grappled against the backside of his neck and pulled him closer. Scorpion was able to slide away from the grabbed but was unable to block the incoming shot to the cheek.

Scorpion curved his leg and jabbed Zero at his side, and felt the bones of his knuckles as a blow to the face broke through the skin of Zeros forehead.

Zero broke into a wave of quick, stylized punches that repeated on a continuous loop. In the same spot on Scorpions chest, the punches were aching and fast. Scorpion at the one chance he could, grasped his brothers wrist and twisted it the way it wasn't supposed to go. Zero turned his entire body in motion with the wrist turning. When Scorpions grapple failed, Zero struck his ribs; sending him back into his knees, blood pouring from his mouth. Sub-Zero had won.

"You failed, brother. Again."

"We are not brothers you filthy ape." Sub-Zero paced around Scorpions defeated body. Scorpion clutched his ribs and peered against Zeros soulless eyes.

"We are not different. But the same. We both want freedom from these demons that haunt us. We both want to make the other...suffer." He spit, blood mixed with saliva.

"You are a dog. I am nothing like you."

"But that's where your wrong. We are the same."

"Stop your nonsense."

"Kill me and then I'll stop." Sub-Zero wanted too -- needed too -- but couldn't hurt him anymore. But....he had too.

Sub-Zero wrapped his icy fingers tips around Scorpions jaw line.

"Are you ready to die, Scorpion?"

"I've been ready for years..." Sub-Zero forced his skull off its hinges. At first, a fine thick line of skin was hard to bypass but with enough force Scorpions entire head had been severed off. His body went limp while Sub-Zero held his head high up. Claiming his victory.