Chapter 4

Espresso rubbed his eyes, groaning to himself.
Ngh, what time is it? What happened last night? He sat up on his couch, rubbing his forehead trying to think.
I am so hungover... He got off the couch and made his way to the kitchen, a horrible stench hitting his face.

"Aw, gross!!" Espresso hollered as he saw puke in the kitchen sink. "I guess I forgot to clean that up..." He held his nose and walked over to the mess. He grabbed some plastic gloves from the cabinet under the sink that he usually only used for serious experiments. Espresso pulled the gloves on and turned the tap on, beginning to scrub away whatever fluids he had left in the sink the night before.

After maybe half an hour of him cleaning up the mess, he decided to grab some breakfast. Espresso wandered over to his fridge snd grabbed the carton of milk, proceeding to grab the cereal and a bowl from the cupboard and then sitting down at the table.

He put the cereal in first - as he should - then poured the milk in. He sighed and used his magic to eat, not bothering to get up and grab a spoon.

A random thought entered his mind.
Mushrooms.
"Mushrooms? Huh. Wonder what made me think of that."
Seek the mushrooms. The woods.
"Wow. Am I still drunk or something?" He rubbed his head, trying to shake the thoughts from his head.
The mushrooms. Mushrooms. Seek the mushrooms. SEEK THE MUSHROOMS.

Espresso slammed his fist down on the table, forgetting all about his breakfast. He grabbed his cloak and walked out the door, making his way towards the edge of the kingdom, where the forest began. He rubbed his head as he walked, a mild headache starting to form.
The coffee flavored cookie walked at a quick pace, ignoring the cookies greeting him.

He wanted to seek the mushrooms- He needed to.

***

Madeleine finished getting dressed. He grabbed a hair brush and tidied his hair up a bit, grabbing a blue ribbon and tying it into a ponytail.
He threw his cape on. He wanted to go make sure Espresso was alright.

Madeleine stepped outside and walked down the path, following it to Espresso's house. When he arrived he knocked.

No answer.

He knocked again. Still no answer.

Maybe he's still asleep, he shrugged and turned away from Espresso's door. That's when he spotted Espresso walking in the direction of the Kingdom's edge. He looked as if he were in quite a rush.
Madeleine frowned and decided to make haste. He wanted to talk to the shorter cookie. He didn't know about what. He just wanted to.

Madeleine watched as Espresso disappeared into the thick woods. The Knight picked up the pace, trying to get to Espresso before he got too deep into the forest.
Too late, Madeleine couldn't see the coffee cookie anywhere. He let out a long, exasperated sigh and began to march into the woods. He didn't want to leave Espresso alone.

There could be cake monsters, they could hurt Espresso! He instantly thought and began to sprint through the undergrowth.
He heard somebody chuckle nearby. Madeleine froze, drawing his sword. "Espresso?" He called to no avail.
The voice chuckled again, slightly stronger this time.

"Reveal yourself!" Madeleine yelled, pointing his sword out. All of a sudden he began to feel lightheaded.
In front of him stood a short, purple cookie.
They giggled joyfully as Madeleine began to lose consciousness.

***

AN: Short chapter but I'm tired sorry dudes.