Part 6: A Blue Betrayal

Chapter 6: A Blue Betrayal

Maypol escorted Cyras out into a field where several other inmates were working. She pawed at a blue collar, but the guard said, "You may not want to go out of bounds, or else that collar will shock ya, girl."

Cyras glared at her and stuck her tongue out. She still remembered the whooping inflicted because of her.

A cold day awaited them.

Cyras went to work, except, as she didn't know the concept of trash, she looked to others for clues. Some inmates collected scraps of clear papers. Actually, others were throwing away scraps of non-clear papers.

Spotting a wanted poster of a coyote, Cyras ripped that off a pole when Maypol said, "Leave that up."

Weirdo. And anytime she took too long, some other guard growled at her.

The foremen kept them at work, but Cyras realized escaping probably wouldn't be that hard. Cyras imperceptibly summoned flames around her neck, that slowly melted her collar. A stink rose. "Oh no."

Several guards encroached her area, attracted by the scent.

Cyras got to work digging, faking progress.

However, one guard approached her and asked, "Are you digging a hole to other side of the planet?"

Cyras responded by sending a fireball into his face. The flame washed over, and almost glided across his expression, as the other guards growled from the assault.

The wolf guard jumped in front of her, but the fox jumped onto his head, then his rump, then over to the grass.

Snapping jaws came at her hind legs, while other prisoners rooted her on. They all fled in other directions, with the guards chasing them.

Cyras ducked underneath a bench, getting a wolf guard to bonk headfirst into the contraption. She turned her head back long enough to blow a raspberry, and she ran away.

Once again, she noticed a flash of light as the scenery altered, almost like some type of magic. She raised an eyebrow.

This was not time to get investigative of this place's properties.

***

Several hours later, she stumbled into a clearing of tulips, before collapsing at the stumps. Her legs ached as her body registered the damage Owlis inflicted to her, burning throughout her body.

The words "Do Not Enter" crossed her eyes.

Well too late.

She passed the red block letters, as she took in the scents of pine and oak. Her old scent remained from a few days prior and Cyras struggled to keep the trail.