step one // how to discover

Not everyone can describe the moment their life changed. For Danielle Morgan, she couldn't even think of such a thing. Her life seemed to be one monotonous cycle of boyfriends, parties, books, and bitchyness. For her, it was as though nothing had ever mattered enough to be considered important. 

        "Ugh! Meg, this is stupid! I don't have anything to write about!" I whispered, frustrated. I deleted my work and all I could see was a blank white Word Document. "What am I supposed to be doing this on again?" Of course, because she's Meg, she had to just shrug. She just shrugged in my time of need. What kind of person would do that? Oh, of course! Meg would!

        I shoudn't have been so hard on her, I'll admit, but she wasn't helping. Not at all, not a slight bit. What was up with that?

        "I just think it has to be some kind of short story revolving around high school and like romance. Whatever that means." I just scoffed at her words. I wasn't a terrible writer, but I wasn't terrific. One thing I was bad at: romance. Love stories were just not my thing. 

        "Maybe you can do an like un-romance kind of thing. You know, like a romance book about someone who doesn't want to, I don't know, be im a relationship." I stared at her gobsmacked. "Megan Clamridge, you are an freaking genius!"

        "What?" That was all she could say? I mean, I didn't give genuine complements much, normally she basked in my praise. After all, it normally meant a lot.

       Step One: How To Discover

The first thing you must do is discover who you are in love with.

Okay, that line I wasn't too happy with. I mean, what if you don't know who you're in love with, or maybe you don't really realize you're in love.

You might have to dig a little, search thorugh your subconcious. You may be already supressing feelings and denying truths. If this is the case, accept the fact that you possess a minor crush on this person. This minor crush is most likely nothing extreme, nothing irreversible. 

        That was when the bell rung stating that class was over and I had to exit the library, AKA the place I spent study hall. I was walking into history class when I bumped into Sean Mitchell. And of course, like always, I started feeling difference. I was nervous, my heart rate had accelerated, I couldn't speak more than two words. I didn't know what was wrong with me.

        I later recieved a note from Meg telling me to check out something she had added to my story.

You can often tell if you have a crush by the way you act around a particular person. You might feel your heart rate increasing, you may possibly feel nervous. You might start sweating unnaturally, glancing at the ground more often than not, or tugging at the hems of your clothing items. You might also notice, or not notice, yourself thinking or daydreaming abvout said person. You may also absentmindently, or with full control, observe this person. These are all symptoms of a crush. You may not expirience some of these, you may nto expirience any, or you may expirience all of these. 

        Well, shit.