bad blood

-joshuabassett

notes

- nini and ricky are freshman in college

- ej, gina, nini, and ricky are in a band together, called "back to the basics"

- gina and ej are sophomores in college

IN WHICH they have bad blood. 

ricky walked into his dorm, soon meeting eyes of his friend, ej caswell

ricky walked into his dorm, soon meeting eyes of his friend, ej caswell. ricky's forehead gleamed with beads of sweat. he just got done working out, to get his mind... off of things. 

there were a few things - or people, mostly people, or a certain someone. 

but that didn't matter right now. all that mattered right now was practicing for their band's gig for the night. ricky drew his hands through his tangled hair, a look of almost pain resting on his face. 

ej looked at him with a face of confusion. "dude, you good?" he asked, a single eyebrow raised. 

ricky nodded, shoving a grey v-neck t-shirt over his neck and covering his sculpted torso. 

"c'mon, we can't be late for practice - we have a show right after." ej laughed dryly at ricky's words. "i know."

the two boys entered ej's garage. he was twenty and had his own house. he had a set of bright red drums, and a cherry red guitar in the corner. 

ricky made his way to the guitar, and ej to the drums. they talked for a bit while they waited for gina and nini to show up.

finally, after what felt like hours, the pair of girls walked into ej's garage with loud laughs. 

ricky looked up, and as soon as he did his breath felt like it had been ripped from him.

she was wearing a long sleeved black turtleneck, paired with a red plaid skirt decorated with long silver chains, a thick belt with double metal holes that hugged her waist perfect, and fishnet stockings. she looked perfect, though she always did to ricky. 

he cleared his throat after realizing he was staring. ej stepped on his converse-covered-foot, making him grunt loudly. nini turned to him, her expression obvious. 

she was judging him.

it was ten p.m. at a local bar when four teens dressed in cherry red and black, they climbed onto the stage, where a petite brunette with a small frame, yet fierce stance, stood in front of a microphone. 

"hey, guys! we're glad to be back. i'm nina," she pointed to ricky at the guitar, whose hair was purposely messed with and he wore a tight black t-shirt, that suited him perfectly, in nini's opinion.