Chapter Four

The rest of the day was full of cramped hands from taking notes, boredom, and impatience for the day to be over so the basketball game could begin.

Finally the Bell rang out. I shoved my things into my bag and slinging it over my shoulder, rushed out.

I walked out to my car and dropped off my bag. I pulled out my phone and pulled up my mom's number.

Me: Mom, I am staying for the basketball game. See you after it though. Love you.

Mom:...

Mom: ok. Love you, see you then. Be safe!

I tucked my phone back into my pocket and then locked my car.

I crossed back to the front doors of the school and walked into the warm hallways.

I walked through the normally busy but now vacant halls to the gym.

As soon as I opened the door the whole silence of the halls was gone. The gym was full of cheering and screaming.

I walked to the bleachers and sat up front with my group. They were screaming as the boys came out onto the court.

I screamed loudly.

Jake came over and kissed me.

The crowd erupted into even louder cheers.

He smiled and then ran back to get in his line.

The game began. The boys were playing the best game yet and they were definitely gonna win.

At the end of the game it was tied. We needed one more point to win.

Chris passed to Jake, Jake dribbled up to under the hoop. He jumped and slammed the ball into the hoop. Everyone stood, screaming, clapping, and whistling.

The boys picked Jake up and yelled, then put him back down.

The lights went out.

Then a spotlight came on. Jake was standing in the center of it, flanked but his friends. He was smiling and looking straight at me.

A second spotlight came on and flooded down on me.

"Ally, We have been dating for a year now, I love you, and I was wondering..." Jake walked towards me, speaking into a microphone. "Will you go to the prom with me?"

I gasped. He was right in front of me now, I stood.

"Yes!" I yelled.

He laughed and smiled, big. He picked me up and kissed me.

Everyone went crazy.

"She said yes."