Prologue

I never asked for a life like this.
In my opinion, I don't think that someone will actually ask for deadly obstacles and a power crazed King of another dimension to be after you as their life, but hey. Some people have odd fetishes you might not know about.
Anyway, as I continue to stray away from the topic, let me introduce myself. I'm Mikayla Avalon Reynolds. 17 year old sass master and part time procrastinator, but I still haven't found a way to make money out of that, so I'm still in school. I'm an only child and I haven't met my mother at all. My father and I live in a dumpster we call home. My step mom is the most horrible person you could ever imagine. Think about how bad Hera is, and multiply that by 10000. If you hadn't realized, I'm somehow linked to Greek mythology.
Okay, okay. Enough about me. Back to the point. Focus, Ava, focus. . .
Now, where were we? I saw a butterfly, sorry. Ah, yes! The whole King problem. You see, when you're, what's it called. . .a half blood, monsters tend to catch your scent. Now, since Zeus is such a nice person, he decided after a couple of millennia, 'Oh, how about I ask Chaos about the other beings he made in different dimensions and tell them about the powerful demigods?'
Yeah, Zeus is an idiot.
Don't worry, we're getting to the good part.
Every year, on the summer solstice, five powerful demigods are chosen. The reason why they're chosen is, well, they're powerful. Pretty obvious, right?
Afterwards, the king will watch over these powerful demigods and the top three that he will choose. . .Let's just say that really sucks for them.
This isn't exactly a story. This is more like my diary. I'm going to be telling you how it all started and how to survived it, since, well, I did.

Let me just tell you a little something before we begin: This is going to be incredibly messed up. You're going to lose a lot of people and you're going to meet new ones, but do not let them bring you down. If they win, things will end badly. Trust me, I speak from experience, and I barely escaped from that.
Here's the warning.
Every single time you turn this page, your scent will get stronger. Knowledge is the most powerful thing any being could ever have, and this book is exactly what you need to survive. The more you know, the more you'll die tomorrow. Just a little tip, okay?
Now, let's begin.

***Author's Note***
Hey! Thanks for reading the prologue. This is my first story, so I'd love it if you give me constructive criticism. The first chapter will probably be up later today or tomorrow!