Chapter 5

Espresso felt himself being thrown into a room but his vision was still hazy. He stumbled around trying to get up but the door was slammed shut. The coffee flavored cookie ran towards the door and began pounding his fist on it.
"Hey! Let me out!" He yelled. There was no answer from any of the cookies outside. Espresso slammed his fist down one more time before turning his back to the door and leaning against it, slowly sliding down it to sit on the floor.

He buried his head in his arms, knees tucked closely to his face.
"Why am I so naïve. I should have known they had drugged me. I should have known-" Salty tears formed in his eyes but they didn't fall, making his eyes sting. He sniffled a bit, trying to hold them back.

Espresso was about to give up on bottling his emotions but then he heard the sound of the door unlocking. He stood up rapidly, backing up against the far wall. He heard another cookie yell something before the door opened and somebody else was tossed in. He landed with a heavy thump before immediately getting up and running for the door. The door was slammed shut in the new cookie's face and he began slamming his hand down on the door. "The Divine be praised. Of course Dark Enchantress Cookie had her minions lurking."

"Madeleine?" Espresso finally spoke after being sure his voice wouldn't quiver. Madeleine froze for a moment before turning to face Espresso.

"Greetings, my friend!" Madeleine began to march over to Espresso, making Espresso want to run to the other side of the room but he stood his ground, letting the Knight walk over and hug him.
Espresso rolled his eyes, before pushing away from Madeleine. He sniffled again by mistake, catching Madeleine's attention.

"Have you been...crying?" Madeleine reached a hand out to place on Espresso's shoulder. Espresso glared at the ground, not wanting to say anything. "My dear! Did they hurt you?" Now this...this made Espresso flinch. "'My dear'?" Espresso growled. Madeleine realized he made a mistake and took a step back from Espresso.
"I was just-" Madeleine stammered.

"Listen, Madeleine." Espresso held a hand out by his side, a small spark off coffee magic appearing. "We have nothing. We are not friends and I most certainly am not your 'dear'. If I ever hear your Divine loving ass call me anything like that again, I'll rip you to fucking shreds!" He lifted his hand up, the flame growing as he was ready to strike Madeleine but as he was about to do so, the flame flickered out. Espresso dropped his hand and held it, confusion written on his face. "Damn it."
Madeleine stood, frozen in place as Espresso walked away from him, still holding his hand.

Espresso sighed and sat down in the corner of the room, fidgeting with his hand. Madeleine was still standing in the middle of the room, his eyes locked on Espresso.

He could have done it. If his magic hadn't stopped working he would have done it. He would have stricken me and I could have been seriously injured...or worse. Madeleine got a grip on himself and walked to the opposite side of the room from where Espresso was. He wasn't sure he wanted to get close to his friend - no - his acquaintance. Would he have actually hurt me if his magic was working? Madeleine shuddered at the thought. No...Espresso is cold but he's not insane, he wouldn't have done that. He- Madeleine's thoughts were cut off by the quiet sound of crying.

He looked up from the ground and stared at Espresso who was holding his hand close to him and crying. Madeleine hesitated briefly before getting up and walking over to Espresso. "My dea-" He stopped himself. "Espresso, are you...alright?" "Just leave me alone," Espresso whimpered through his tears. "What's the matter?" Madeleine pressed but not forcefully. "I said leave me alone!" Espresso began sobbing as the sound of the door unlocking was heard. Madeleine and Espresso both looked over at the door in unison.

A strange red cookie with floor length hair stepped through the doorway, one of his arms a cake monster arm. He pointed at Espresso with his cake arm. "Follow me." Espresso wiped his tears and looked up at Madeleine before quickly standing up and following the cookie. Madeleine was about to follow but the door was shut in his face again.

What are they going to do to him?

***
AN: I'm tired again. Sorry.