Shower thoughts

Dan's POV

     I can't seem to shower. I don't exactly know what it is though, I don't like being dirty but for some reason I just can't bring myself to step into the damn thing. When I manage to, I just sit there, feeling the water fall onto my body until it goes cold, it's a harsh way of the universe telling me I'm still alive.
     And then I just start thinking about him....why is he still here? He sticks around, and I don't know why. It's odd how everything played out, first the guy tries to steal my identity, then drive me insane, and now he "loves" me. He listens to what I say, he gives me my space when I need it, and he takes care of me.
     I've done nothing to deserve this yet here I am. My apartment is cleaner, I find myself happier, and no longer have sleepless nights. I'm not alone anymore, it's not just "going home to my cat", it's "going home to my cat and my lover", someone who wants to be with me and likes having me around. I just can't wrap my mind around it, it shouldn't be this difficult but it is and somehow he just understands all of it.
     He notices when I'm anxious or haven't been taking care of myself, and instead of scolding me or suggesting I just try harder, he stays there with me, by my side the whole way through. He doesn't shame me for my lack of showering he offers to take one with me, he doesn't ask me what I've eaten that day he just asks me if I'm hungry.
     I've been.. happy. And that makes him happy, I actually feel like taking one. So when I look up at the shower head and feel the water fall off of my body. It's still hot, and I feel no need to stay longer than I need to. It's not much but it's a start, and I'm happy.