Chapter 1

I waved and smiled at the thousands of girls like all the boys, plastering a fake grin all over my face. I had to look happy all the time, and at the moment, all I wanted was a good sleep.

I waved some more and a girl shook a poster violently over her head. I squinted and read the bright, glittery red letters across it.

I love you Louis! <3

Future Mrs Tomlinson xx

I almost laughed and gave the girl a cheeky wink, and she screamed even more. I didn’t think that was humanly possible.

Then it happened.

Out of nowhere, a whole was ripped right through our lives, and straight through Harry’s leg.

There was the sound of a gun being fired, then silence. Harry tumbled to the ground, clutching his leg and screaming. Girls started screaming too, running around frantically trying to get away from where ever the gunman was.

Shock and fear ripped through me, and I bent over to Harry, who had tears streaming down his face. Blood was leaking through his fingers, staining his white jeans blood red.

‘Everybody, get down!’ Screamed a voice, and everyone followed. The man with the gun stood standing, and I saw a bundle of brown hair and jeans rugby-tackle him onto the ground, ripping the gun out of his hands. She punched him in the face, and got security guards to help hold him down. She handed over the gun and ran over to us, face determined and hard.

‘Shit,’ she muttered, moving away Harry’s hand form his leg. Her coffee-brown eyes searched the wound, her brow creased as she looked at it.

‘I’ll need a shirt,’ she said, and I was slightly confused.

‘Come on, take off your shirt! We don’t have all day. You’re friend here is rapidly losing blood,’ she scowled, and I quickly took off my shirt. She ripped a bit off and scrunched up the rest of it, pushing it into the wound. Harry whimpered and I squeezed his hand sympathetically.

‘I need you to calm down. Breathe slowly, and try to think of something happy. Tell me about your happiest memory,’ she said soothingly while she tied the ripped-off piece around the wound, the scrunched up shirt like a pad to soak up the blood. Harry recalled something nice and the girl nodded, muttering to herself.

‘Okay. DRSABCD,’ she muttered, and I was a little confused. What was DRSABCD? ‘Danger: gone. Response: yep. Send For Help-’ she looked up and asked Liam if they’d sent for an ambulance. He nodded and she looked back at Harry.  ‘Airways: clear,’ she said, checking Harry’s throat. She went through the rest of the steps and by the time she was finished, the Ambulance had already arrived. They carted him off and drove away, and we all jumped into a car to go to the hospital.

‘You’d better come with us,’ said Zayn, and the girl shrugged, hopping in the car. We started driving in silence, and all I could think of was the terrifying scream that had come out of Harry’s throat.

‘Thanks, for that. For everything,’ I said quietly, and the girl looked at me.

‘It’s nothing,’ she replied nonchalantly, and I gave her a funny look.

‘Nothing? You took down an armed man and saved my friend’s life. Weren’t you scared?’

She shrugged. ‘I was walking past and I heard the gun shot. I’m a cop, so I immediately went into police-mode. I had to do something. It’s my job.’

That made sense.

‘Well, thank you. I don’t know what would’ve happened if you weren’t there.’