Chapter 22

"I reminded you-... No! Let me cook," he said. She blushed. "Oppa, are you sure?" ask her. "No..." he replied. "Let me help Oppa cook. I don't want to just lie in the room. I'm bored." she said. "All right. Come on!" he said.

"Ehem! What about us?" asked Mr Choi, Yeonjun's father. "Mr and Mrs can follow us to the kitchen," Yeji said. "Don't be too formal, Sweet," said Mrs Choi, smiling at her.

In the kitchen

"Yeji, I noticed that you also have cat eyes but a different kind to Yeonjun," Mr Choi said. "Yes," Yeji replied. "Yeji, since when did you and your friends move in here?" Mrs Choi asked. "Two or three weeks ago," she replied. "Where do you and your friends sleep? In the TXT's house, there are no guest rooms," Mr Choi asked. Yeji and Yeonjun gasped. "Yeonjun..." Mrs Choi called. "Yes..." he replied. "Answer Appa's question," said Mrs Choi. They looked at each other before answering Mr Choi's question. "We share a room," she said worriedly. "Same-sex or different?" Mr Choi asked. "Different... We're sorry!" replied her. "Why share a room with TXT?" Mrs Choi asked.

"We had a bit of a problem that caused us to have to share a room with TXT. But, we can't tell the problem to anyone. I'm sorry," Yeji said. "Enough, don't apologize. You didn't make a mistake," Mr Choi said. Yeonjun and Yeji were shocked. "But, it's really wrong. We're different genders and share the same room and bed," she said. "We reminded you to only share a room and not a bed...?" said Mrs Choi. "It's okay, as long as they don't cause any problems. Don't scare them," Mr Choi told Mrs Choi.

"The food is ready, let's eat. I want to go upstairs for a while," Yeji said. "Looks like Yeji is sharing a room with you," Mrs Choi said. "Right, how does Eomma know?" Yeonjun asked. "Eomma saw her come into your room. Looks like today is her red day," Mrs Choi said. "That's why you're home, right?" Mr Choi asked. "Yes," he replied.

After lunch

"Yeji, there's no need to wash the dishes if you're sick. Let Yeonjun do it," said Mr Choi. "What! Why me?" said Yeonjun. "Mother teaches tolerance!" said Mrs Choi slapping his shoulder. "It's okay. Stop, listen," Mr Choi told Yeji. "All right," she said.

"Yeonjun, are you interested in Yeji?" Mr Choi asked. "Why did Appa ask?" said Yeonjun. "We asked why we were interested. Maybe she could be your future wife. If you want," said Mrs Choi. "She will. I'll make sure of it. I already asked her two weeks ago." he said. "So, what's the answer?" Mr Choi asked. "She was supposed to give an answer today but... I don't want to bother her... I'll ask later." he said. "It's better to ask her quickly before she meets anyone else," said Mrs Choi. "Okay, I didn't think Eomma and Appa would be interested in her either," she said.

"Yeji has cat eyes like you. She's cute and pretty. Her smile is so pretty." said Mr Choi. "That's right," he said. "But, don't forget, Yeji for Yeonjun," said Mrs Choi pinching Mr Choi. "It hurts... Yes, I know..." Mr Choi said.

End of flashback

At Beomgyu family's house

"Have you really forgotten him?" asked Mr Choi, Beomgyu's father. "Who?" Beomgyu asked. "Your hyeong," Mr Choi replied. He gasped. "He's going home?" ask him. "Yes, Appa hopes you can take care of Ryujin. He will also manage the company before you," Mr Choi said. "No need to worry. Ryujin will just be mine. I will take good care of Ryujin," he said.

"What are you talking about?" asked Mrs Choi, Beomgyu's mother. "Nothing. Eomma, can we go back home a little late?" Beomgyu asked. "Go at 5:30," he replied. "Okay," he said. "Enough, let's eat. Aunt, please prepare food," Mr Choi said. "Come on, Ryujin," said Mrs Choi.

5:40 pm

"Eomma has told you not to take a shower for too long. Go back quickly, you will be late to get home later," said Mrs Choi. "All right, we'll go home now. Goodbye, we'll come here again soon," Beomgyu said. "All right, hurry to go back home," Mr Choi said. "You take them back quickly, okay," Mrs Choi told the driver. "All right, Mrs Choi," replied the driver.

Ryujin got into the car and waved to Mr and Mrs Choi. They waved back at her.

A man and a woman POV

"Are you ready?" asked a woman. "Don't worry, Namjoon. We'll take good care of Chaeyoung," said a man. "Chaeyoung, you can do it. Everything will be fine," Namjoon said. "Yes, all right," said Chaeyoung. "We go first. Oppa can trust me," said a woman. "All right," he said.

At the TXT's House

"Ryujin, you're back. You didn't tell me you were coming home late," Yeji said. "Beomgyu was late. Sorry," Ryujin said.

"Eonni! Oppa! When we want to eat. I'm hungry!" said Yuna. "All right, let's eat," Lia said.

In the kitchen

"I heard, Chaeyoung Eonni and Namjoon Oppa took a month off," Chaeryeong said. "Yes," Taehyun said. "But why? The school will open soon," Ryujin asked.

After the meal, they watched a horror movie together.

"Chaeryeong, come on," call ITZY and TXT. "I don't want to. It's bad," said Chaeryeong. "Honey~~~ Come here. Sit with me. We look at each other. It's okay, let's sit down," said Taehyun. Their eyes widened as soon as they heard Taehyun calling Chaeryeong 'Dear'.

"You're couple!?" screams ITZY and TXT. "Yes," Taehyun said. "But, since when?" Soobin asked. "Since two weeks ago," Chaeryeong replied. "Enough, let's watch a movie now. Yeonjun Hyeong!" Kai said. "Okay!" said Yeonjun.

***

The man entered the restricted room. When he entered the room, the door was locked. Lights flickered and a strong wind blew through the windows. It's raining heavily. Thunder rumbled and lightning struck.

As soon as he held the doll, the sound of whispers grew louder. When he removed the necklace found on the neck of the girl's statue, the lights went out. "Biribadididibate," he said.

The light comes back on. When he turned around, a girl was standing there. "Biribadididibate," she said. The girl flew swiftly towards him and his head was pulled out.

***

To be continued