Chapter 36

The chirps of the bird were heard

The chirps of the bird were heard. Yeonjung move a bit and slowly opened her eyes. She then realized, her head was resting on Park Sunghoon's chest part.

She sit up and removed the hand of the Park and prepared breakfast for the two of them. Yeonjung went for an egg sandwich and a glass of warm milk.

Yeonjung then went to her room and go wake Sunghoon up. ❝Give me a minute.❞ he told in a lazy tone. Yeonjung clicked her tongue before she even grab Sunghoon's hand and pull him.

Instead of Sunghoon, Yeonjung got pulled and landed on top of Sunghoon. The male holds her chin and planted a kiss on her lips and then let go.

Yeonjung could see his annoying smirk that made her smack his arm and got up to go back to the dining table and eat her food. And finally, Sunghoon got up and sat across her.

♬𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚜♬

Yeonjung went alone to her department. They have a deal that they've agreed together. But this Park Sunghoon keeps breaking their agreement.

If she didn't push him away and got mad at him, he'll probably break their agreement again. As she went to her seat, there were three flowers left at her desk.

Students inside the room keep eyeing the Nam and her desk. Some of them were murmuring a word from the other. Brows were knitted as she looked at her classmate beside her. ❝Is something wrong?❞

The girl shook her head and looked away. Then another of her classmate talked to her. ❝Yeonjung, I heard that you're dating Sunghoon. Did you dump Doyum or did he dump you?❞ laughing at the Nam, as he thinks how pathetic the girl is.

Yeonjung just didn't mind them. She'll get used to it soon after so for her, it's better to shut her mouth and don't mind them treating her and thinking how pathetic she is.

Plus, they didn't know what her life looks like. To get arrange marriage to her probe without even her knowing. She didn't even agree to it. It was their parent's decision and not hers.

Sol-a stood up as she slam her hand to the table just to get their attention and to stop them from laughing at the Nam. ❝What are y'all laughing at? Just because she's dating Sunghoon? You don't know her side.❞

Yeonjung got her phone and replied to Mina before she even got her book and just read. At least she's relieved now. Sunghoon maybe told to Sol-a a detailed enough so that she could understand. ❝Why are you even taking her side? You're Sunghoon's girlfriend before her. So why bother defending her?❞

Sol-a scoffed to their classmate, Choi Jarim. ❝Listen up, bitch. Don't just judge her base on what she was outside. You don't know Yeonjung so you cannot understand her situation. Unlike you, always entering relationships and always cheating on your boyfriend.❞ raising her brow as she smirks.

Jarim stood up and was ready to attack the Lee but an unexpected person went inside. ❝Is there something wrong with our relationship?❞ He went to Yeonjung and back hugged the girl.

❝Yes, me and Yeonjung are together because we got arranged marriage,❞ Yeonjung's eyes widened as she looked at the Park who is back hugging her. ❝Doyum and my girl are just friends. Yeonjung is a great person, why would she even hurt Doyum? If you have a problem with my girl, ask me directly.❞

He quit hugging the girl and pointed at the three roses on her desk and told her that he was the one who place them. Yeonjung was wearing her annoyed face as she just nodded. Sunghoon's expression changed again after he faced Jarim. From sweet to poker.

Still, he wasn't finished with his words. ❝Don't judge a book by its cover... know the story inside it.❞ Patting Yeonjung's head, give a peck on her cheeks, and place her forgotten notebook on her desk before he even left the classroom.

After that, Jarim apologize to Yeonjung and just got embarrassed herself in front of the people inside. Yeonjung on the other hand, she's kinda touched that Sunghoon came at the right time and even defend her.

Sunghoon may probably can't see that she's being touched earlier. But in Yeonjung... she felt something.

♬𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚜♬

❝Well, that's good to hear.❞ Kaori told as she took a bite of her food. ❝At least that Sol-a is taking your side and both she and Sunghoon didn't end up in a messy break-up.❞ Yeonjung remembered Sunghoon mentioned to her that both Sol-a and Sunghoon ended their relationship and have a good closure at it.

Sunghoon ended up getting drunk because of the unexpected arrange marriage. But he just didn't actually expect that he'll end up getting arranged marriage to Nam Yeonjun's only daughter, Nam Yeonjung.

❝I'm agreeing with Kaori actually,❞ Mina just realized something, ❝Speak of the Jeon, why is he suddenly avoiding us?❞ Yeonjung and Kaori also have no idea but there's only one thing in Yeonjung's mind, 'Maybe it's because of what happened that night.'

❝No idea, Mina. Probably he's still moving on to our Hyunji that's why.❞ Shrugging her shoulder. Yeonjung is being quiet because of their topic and she didn't want to talk about it.

❝Oh god Kaori, I know that. Doyum is sooo in love with Hyunji.❞ Yeonjung and Kaori felt cringe at the Kang's tone. Still, Yeonjung can't stop overthinking about Jeon Doyum.

❝Hey look, Doyum's there.❞ Mina pointed at the table full of boys. Mina called the male as his gaze suddenly went to turn on the three.

Going to their table as he left his friends on the table. Mina suddenly pulled the Jeon beside Yeonjung. Kaori got their trays and place them where Doyum's new friends were located. Mina, on the other hand, ❝I'm warning you, Jeon Doyum. Don't stand up until you and Yeonjung talked.❞

Mina left the two of them. The atmosphere became silent and awkward. Neither of the two of them didn't wanna talk first. Is it even because of what happened that night?

❝Did you... met him? Your fiance?❞ Doyum asked, breaking the silence. Yeonjung hummed and told it was Sunghoon. Eyes widen, Jeon Doyum being honest, he really doesn't want the Park to come near Yeonjung but they got arranged now, he has no rights to separate them both.

Doyum knows, that Sunghoon had feelings towards Yeonjung since childhood. Doyum and Sunghoon were rivals at it.

Flashing back, Sunghoon met Doyum on the way. Doyum didn't notice him since he has prosopagnosia. "Yah, Jeon Doyum." calling the attention of the Jeon, Sunghoon stood in front of Doyum.

Like always, Sunghoon keeps asking for Yeonjung repeatedly and Doyum literally had enough of it. "Stop asking me, Sunghoon. Remember our deal, the one who wouldn't get chosen, needs to stay away,"

Sunghoon knows it because he's the one who thought that thing. "Snow choose me. There's no reason for you to come near her. But I assure you, she's safe with me. Because I won't do mistakes like you did when we were kids," Bitting his lip, as Sunghoon looked away by lowering its head.

"Reason why we lost the Snow we know." Ending the flashback, Doyum was got asked a question. ❝Why are you staying away from me for the past few days? Are you mad?❞ Yeonjung shyly asked.

Doyum gave her a bitter smile. Licking his lower lip as he answered the girl's question. ❝I... can't picture your face anymore.❞