| Chapter 13 - Energy's the key |

CHAPTER 13 - Energy's the key

Van's Perspective

2 more days left..

I wondered why mum had called me out of the blue and then ended the call randomly. Guess I was about to find out. We were all up on the Octopod's second level above the sea. Lonz passed the Lisa phone to Mum and she turned to all of us. "Alright guys, all the signals and radiations around us, there's no escape from them." Mum began. "I'm absolutely certain that this phone has the influence of a negative energy." 

Mum continued. "This environment above the sea is favourable to a negative energy." 

"How so?" I asked curiously.

"Well, since we're currently above the sea, we have more access to the radiation waves around us," Dan explained. (I swear I'm not turning this into a Physics class- Tho I did get inspiration for this story from a class at school- ;) )

"Exactly, in such a place and situation, when this phone remained for a night, the negative energy increased."

"Maybe that's why the numbers went down quickly." Matt shrugged.

"I have somewhat worked out a solution for that." Mum beamed proudly. "So if this phone is kept in a good environment, the influence of the negative energy would decrease, now, if that happens, do you think the selfie numbers will go up or down?"

"Up perhaps?" Lonz mentioned.

"Yep! That means the days in your life will increase!" Mum burst out as all of us cheer.

"But, how will we make such a situation?" Dan asked.

Mum smiled. "I have an idea."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt's Perspective

Standing in the kitchen, Aella placed aluminium foil and the phone on the table. Then she started covering the phone in the foil. I folded my arms and watched her do it, wondering what the purpose was. When she was finished with she looked up at us. Try calling it now. I took my phone out and tried calling it. "The number you are calling is  not reachable, try again later." "Well, it isn't connecting." I said. 

"Why do you think?" Aella asked.

Lonz, Van and I looked at each other in confusion and then turned to Dan, he is the one with the brains after all. But Dan just shrugged.

Aella tried again. "Okay, put it this way, why isn't any network coverage in an elevator?" 

We all stayed silent once again. 

"Come on guys, it's a Faraday Cage!" Aella said faintly. "The signals from outside don't come inside, and the signals from the inside won't go outside!" 

"Got to admit, that is pretty smart." Van smiled.

"We should lock the boys in a Faraday Cage sis," Lonz laughed.

"Hey!" 

"Hmm, well, I can't kill the negative energy, but I can try to keep it at bay." Aella assured us.

Lonz looked up eagerly. "How?"

Aella smirked. "I have a few tricks up my sleeve."

Dan's Perspective

"We're burning the phone-?" Van began confused, honestly we all were.

The phone was placed in the microwave.

"No of course not, this is also a Faraday Cage." Aella simply said as she covered the microwave with more aluminium foil. "This is to prevent leakage from the glass."

"Now, we'll let the phone remain inside the microwave all night, there shouldn't be anything supporting the phone so we'll have turn the electricity off."

"But wait, what about the Octoanuts, won't they ask?" I asked.

"Don't worry they're all asleep, they won't know."

Alright then... Let's see what happens tomorrow...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 day left..

My eyes slowly opened as the bright sun started shining into the room. A wave of sense rushed over me as I remembered everything that happened the previous night. I looked around at my friends who were still sleeping peacefully. I silently got up and went to get ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The Vegimals were hassling around in preparation for breakfast. It took me a moment to realize that the microwave was slowly starting to open. A lightbulb nearby flickered, which was odd. "Hey, is the electricity back on?" I hesitated. "No it isn't." Van replied.

Abruptly, the microwave fully opened and a spark of electrical waves shot out as we gazed at it. Even the vegimals paused to look at it. The vegimals probably thought it was something fun, because all of them clapped at it.  After the sparks disappeared they returned to their work.

Aella who heard all the commotion came in. She didn't stop to look at us and took the phone out of the microwave. She handed it to Lonz, "Quick, take a selfie." Aella spoke with a sense of urgency. Lonz snapped a quick shot and started zooming up at corners. We all looked over as our tension grew. "It's a number 2!" Lonz exclaimed. We all sighed in relief. 

--1 day left -> 2 days left--

"It worked," Aella whispered. "The negative energy in the microwave became inactive after being being kept in the microwave for a night."

"Alright, that settles it," Lonz began. "We should put it in a microwave and throw it somewhere far away!"

Aella laughed while Lonz looked confused. "That won't work, that microwave cannot contain the energy for more than one night."

Aella continued as she saw all out puzzled faces.

"What we need, is a strong Faraday Cage." 

I started to wonder where on earth we would get such a thing. Surely something was possible right? 

"And luckily, I know exactly where to find some."

To be continued...

(AH- IMONCEAGAINVERYSORRYFORGIVEMEPLS-)