1

The ticking of the clock was bouncing against the walls of my room. I couldn't sleep, my insomnia wouldn't allow it. With a grunt followed by a sigh, I sat up from my bed after many tries of tossing and turning to make myself tired.

Books scattered messily around my floor, I rested my feet against the cold tiles of my floor. My mind was blank; eyes heavy, and body tired. I could only focus on the stinging cold feeling on my feet, and how my eyes are gradually trying its best to open apart.

I sighed, then deciding to go to my kitchen for a cup of water before attempting to sleep again. My clock was screaming the numbers '3.00 A.M', but I couldn't care less about it at the moment. I twisted my doorknob, and finally made my way to the kitchen.

Surprisingly when I arrived at the kitchen, a familiar figure was sitting down by the dining area. I managed to squint out the figure without my glasses, Albedo, my roommate, was sketching in the dining area. It wasn't long before he noticed my presence, whipping his head to meet gaze with me. "You're awake." He said.

"I couldn't sleep." I grumbled. "Again?" The blonde asked. I hummed, nodding my head as I opened the cabinet to where the cups are stored. I stood there in place, squinting my eyes and trying to figure out which cups were mine. Albedo must've noticed my struggles. The blonde then placed down his pencils and made his way towards me before reaching out for a cup from behind. "Here," he said, handing me a cup that I assumed it was mine. "Where are your glasses?"

"In my room, I was too lazy to wear them." I replied. Though my vision was blurry, I could somehow managed to point out the mug that contain the boiled water. Albedo stood beside as he watched me carefully, probably because I wasn't in the right mind nor was I wearing my glasses. I then carefully sipped the hot water before turning to the dining table, "Were you sketching?"

Albedo hummed, "Hm, apparently. I had the sudden motivation to sketch something." With a tired body, I then moved towards the drawing as I settled down on a seat. Squinting my eyes again, I could only point out the shadings of the drawing. Albedo then sat down beside me, "It's a drawing of a autumn tree. Since autumn is coming soon, I just had the motivation to sketch down the scenery of how it'll look like."

I sighed again, "I don't have my glasses with me, I can barely point out what's in this drawing." The blonde then chuckled softly, "Well, I'm not entirely done with the drawing so, maybe you can check it out tomorrow with your glasses."

Leaning towards the table with my arms crossed, I laid my head down before feeling my eyes stinging with tiredness when I close them shut. "Yeah, I'll do that tomorrow." I said. There was a short silence before I felt the blonde brushing through my hair. "My, your hair looks like a bird nest." He teased. "Gee thanks." I grunted.

I opened my eyes to see the boy leaning dangerously close to my face. Eyes widen slightly, my heart skipped a beat as I managed to surpass a yelp. "Your eyebags are really heavy." He pointed out. I then moved further away from him a little, "I wasn't able to sleep properly these days."

Albedo then sat up straight, moving his head a little as a sign that he was thinking. He then went grabbing his phone before rapidly typing something as a I watched in confusion. His eyes lit up as the corner of his lips tugged, Albedo then fumbled his bag for his earphones.

After connecting his earphones to his device, my eyes widened again when he pulled my chair closer to him. "Here," He said as he plugged one earphone to my left ear as he connected the other one to his right ear. "Hopefully this helps."

My shoulders dropped, "If you're making me listening to songs that'll make me fall asleep, it won't work, Albedo.." "Not really, this is a song that calms me down when I sketch or paint. I sincerely apologise if I can't really help you with your insomnia."

The melodies of the music then came ringing to my ears, and somehow, I felt my body slumped lazily against the table. "Hm," I hummed. "It's fine." My heavy eyelids then closed shut as I still feel Albedo brushing against my hair here and then. I peeked my eyes open to see him smiling while he uses his free hand to sketch.

My body was really close to him, and his familiar and comforting scent came settling into my nostrils. Albedo smells really nice, and very relaxing. Stiffling a yawn, Albedo then watched me fall asleep with adoration. 'I should thank him tomorrow morning.' Was the last thing I thought before I slowly drift deeper into my slumber. I felt him shifting more closer to my sleeping body, his lips touching my ear as his breathe tickled me slightly.

"Goodnight," He whispered. "Sweet dreams."

And I finally fell asleep peacefully.