Prologue: Awakening

I do not own Fairy Tail or any of the characters in the show. I am merely a fan that enjoys writing and want to share my ideas with others. 

_______________

'I can't lose here… but what do I have to fight for anymore..' Natsu thought to himself, not having the physical strength or the spirit to stand up. His whole body was caked in grime and he had blood splatter on his face and vest, which was little more than tatters along with his sweats. 

A smile flashed through his mind. Those chocolate eyes of a beautiful woman. 'But giving up here would be to give up everything they've fought for wouldn't it?' Natsu closed his hand, clenching the dirt in his fist. 'Losing here would mean giving up all the goals of my friends and family.' Natsu began to rise, no magic power coming to him. His body was about to give out but he couldn't quit until he was dead. 

'Giving up would mean spitting in the faces of all those who died to get me here!' Natsu shot to his feet with an audible grunt. His feet shook and his arms hung loosely at his sides, unable to lift them as they had been shattered into dust. 

'I want to fight but I can't anymore. I don't have any more magic left. My organs are even burnt from continuous fire eating.' Natsu coughed dryly. 'I won't let him have the satisfaction of me giving up. He'll have to kill me on my feet.' 

"My, how valliant you are." This was followed by a laugh and Natsu directed his gaze from the ground to the man in front of him. Golden hair shining brightly. "I can't believe you all fell for that whole act. But I guess I have always been a gifted actor eh Natsu?" Who was the golden haired man? None other than Jellal himself, just having finished absorbing Zeref's power. 

"Now the world is mine, everyone will bow to me. I am the true devastation, the ultimate weapon. With the power I have taken from Zeref no one can stand in my way, I'll bend and shape the world into my own image! Hahahahaha!" Jellal clutched his stomach laughing thunderously. 

"Time to join your friends Natsu! Say GOODBYE!" Jellal raised one hand and Natsu stumbled a bit, trying to do something. "Oh and tell Erza in the next life if you see her… that she was a good pawn in the whole grand scheme of things, even if she didn't know my true plans. I couldn't have asked for a more loyal dog!" This was followed by another laugh.

All Natsu could do was listen to the words of the evil man. Magic began charging in Jellal's palm and Natsu's eyes narrowed at him, giving a glare that would make most dragons think twice about attacking. 

"Die." Jellal stated and he fired a beam of magic at Natsu. 

__________

"GAAH!" Natsu shot up in cold sweats. He looked around and saw he was in his own home outside of Magnolia. He looked down at his hands and shook his head. "Man, that was a crazy dream." He said to himself. The door to his room suddenly flew open and Natsu flipped out of his hammock ready to attack. 

"Natsu are you ok!?" Happy yelled out comically in concern for his foster father. Natsu just scratched the back of his head. 

"Yeah I'm fine little buddy I just had a weird dream is all." Natsu answered him with a soft smile and he rubbed the poor blue cat's head. 

"Really? It must have been a pretty intense dream for you to be making sounds like that, Natsu." Happy gave him a questioning stare and raised his brow. "What was it about?" The cat inquired with an audible amount of curiosity.

"It was the scariest thing I've ever seen! Gray took Erza's cake and blamed it on me! She didn't even wanna listen to reason! I swear that woman makes demons look like kittens." Natsu rehashed his dream with Happy, feeding the cat a fake one so he wouldn't worry.