Chapter Eleven

It was the third day at the training camp for the second week. You were wearing a dark -[colour] shirt and your school's track pants and your same [colour/s] tennis. Having tied half of your [colour/s] hair up and having two locs loose on either side of your face. Like always, there were some boys on the court playing, some boys off the court who just finished playing (sakusa was one of them), and some boys doing practice drills. And you? You were handing out the towels and water to those who were done. They all said their thanks and the last person to retrieve the items from you was Sakusa, of course. It was because he was the furthest from everyone and you felt bad that he had to be the last one to get his. You reached him with an appropriate smile and an apology.

"I'm sorry you had to wait a bit for these." He took them from you and you hear a quiet thanks. You noticed that he wasn't perspiring as much as the other boys, so you asked, "Do you still want to practice more? Or do you actually need a break?" the towel was covering half of his face, leaving his eyes which were squinting at you. As if you read his mental question, you answered sheepishly, not because Sakusa still is someone who's closed off and can be intimidating, but because now that you kind of know each other you're nervous that you may offend him. "Well, because... you may want to do a little more practice and I wouldn't mind helping you. And you also look like you want everyone to vanish from existence by your expression. If you didn't want to be over here, why don't you go over there?" you admitted then questioned him, pointing to the area you were referring to. It's also a few paces away from where you're stationed. Sakusa answered without looking to where you were motioning to.

"It's because that's where you work. I don't want to bother you." you were taken back by his confession. 'Ha. Say work. Literally only drink water, read papers a lil bit, fold towels and drink some more water. Aaand watch them play.' "Aawww. That's okay. After giving the drinks out I was only going to do some more studying. It's okay if you don't want to though."

He stared at you for a moment. A long moment. You were getting a little fidgety from how intense his stare can come off. It may also be because his face good looking too, but we ain't talking about that. He finally made a reaction. He sighed and said, "Fine. Just until the match is done." he was gifted a smile. "All right then. I'll get the extra ball." You went to do so.

You came back and tossed the ball to him from a distance. He was hesitant to catch it but you told him that it was okay because you wipe down every ball after a play, even if it wasn't used. He then spun it around on the tip of his finger and you stared starry-eyed at his skill that you've been dying to gain. "How do you do that?! I wanted to do that for so long but the ball doesn't even turn an inch before gravity takes it. Can you teach me?" He gave you a blank look and you cleared your throat, about to ask him in a more 'mature' manner. "Do you mind teaching me how you do that?" using your finger to point.