Part #1: Lonely City

I still remember that day in autumn. You said 'I will see you again in a while', but I did not buy it 'cause all I could feel on that day was a heartbreak.

I looked you in the eyes, you were still there. But I could already see another day when I would still be here doing the things we used to do and there would be no more you. Would I be okay?

Days go by. I start counting the days like I need something to be busy with. I try hard not to see the old us shadowing every inch of my footstep. But the sky itself keeps portraying the old us like a movie.

How far can I go? How long will I stay?

I feel so lost every time I step out of the door. Wandering around with no real destination, 'cause I no longer have my true north.

Is this only in my head?

'Cause one day I woke up to your phone call asking me 'how have you been?' like it was real. Or was this just a dream?

If that was just a dream, I wish I could fall asleep a little longer. I need to listen to those giggles and deep voices for the longest time I could bear, for I might not be able to get another chance ever after.

But here I am now. Sitting by myself at the coffee shop where we spent our last Saturday night together. Ordering two cups of coffee as if you would be here by any means.

Apparently you would not. And that makes this town feel empty no matter how crowded it would get by now. Since you have gone, it does not feel like home anymore.

NP: Lonely City by Mokita