Chapter 1: Maiya Wright

Muirfield. This place has been my life for pretty much the last ten years. My mother was one of their top form scientists, but she kept my identity and any relations we had a secret; when I was bright in amongst all of the other sixteen-nineteen or twenty year old candidates, she gave me new ID, a new name, a whole new life. It was like I didn't exist or I just could live as one person.

My name is Maiya Wright. Daughter of Vanessa Chandler, father remains unknown to this day. Ten years have passed and I am now one of Muirfields top new scientists, but my mother was murdered at their hands; it's all clear now, my mother hid my true identity to keep me from falling victim to the bullets that sent her to her grave. Before my mother died shed told me a few things regarding my family; I finally had a reason to hope and understand who I try was;

"You have a twin sister, honey." she told me when I had just turned eighteen, then I was a trainee at Muirfields, but she never told me the full extent of who she was, but she told me about another younger sister that I had; no names for either of them

Why was it always secrets with her?

Now I'm no longer Muirfields bulldozer. No, now I'm a double agent; I've had martial arts training, not to mention training in the elite forces and have joined yet another secret organisation; Muirfields greatest enemy and worst nightmare; or soon will be when I've done my job.

An agent never lets up, never hesitates, squabbles or worse: reveals the truth. My goal is to put an end to Muirfield all together, and I'm already one step ahead of them. Everything is running slowly, but when I've received the signal;
Muirfield won't know what hit them.

*****
"We are putting our faith in you miss Wright." Kyle; one of Muirfiled's finest agents.

"Don't trust someone just for the sake of trust." I reply to him.

Kyle's face remains straight and as cold-hearted as ever, I know that he's the most suspicious, but what he doesn't know is the truth that I'm working to put an end to him and this organisation.

"I don't do that. Believe me, trust isn't something that's taken for granted. Not here." he speaks ever so formally.

"Listen, I've done everything you asked, could I get off early, I've got some research that I gathered, it's back at my apartment, mind if I bring it in tomorrow?" Stolen research, stuff that Muirfield desires very dearly, but they won't be getting their hands on.

"Of course." Kyle vacates the clear white and almost prison like room.

"Believe me, I'm now more than one step ahead of you." I say to myself.

*****
"Are we free to speak?" my boss is speaking to me through my phone; I'm just outside of Muirfield.

"Yes. I've disabled all of Muirfield's bugs and devices, they can't hear us at all."

"Good. First things first, I need you to put all this research you've collected together, come here now, we've got something for you."

He's surprised me, thought I always was the one that gathered the research and delivered it.

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

"Please just come. As much of an asset as you are, I still don't trust Muirfield."

He's very quiet about most things; I don't even know his real name, all I call him is boss. Maybe that's all I'll ever get to call him.

"I understand." I reply.

"Good." my boss replies.

"I won't fail you." I tell him.

He hangs up.