I love you

Celine was gently laying in her bubbly bath, relaxing after a tiring day full of interviews, paparazzis and singing lessons. She couldn't even have some minutes for herself in those moments. So now that she could finally take a break from everything, she took this privilege at its finest. Overall, she was only nineteen and her life was horribly as dense as a forty years old men, director in a public agency. She didn't profit from her childhood, nor her teenager years - or only in terms of money, not fun. And now she was craving for some comfort, alone, relaxed, and away from everything.

She was so intimately lost into her thoughts that she didn't hear the maid entering her apartment to clean her bedroom. All her thoughts lately was turned towards a guy. And what a man, he filled her dreams, made her heart beat so fast he could play music by itself. And this music from her heart, she tried to put it on paper, to clear out her mind.

He was married, she knew that. He even had kids who were almost her age. But her love crossed every boundary they set to her. She couldn't handle it, nor keep it to herself. So she decided to tell her journal what she couldn't say to the world.

Sometimes she would think to herself that she must be crazy now, maybe she dreamt too much. But each time she thought of him, she longed to feel his touch, just a sweet hand gesture touching her shoulder while she was practicing, or their night kisses, on each cheek, to hope them luck and happiness in the following days.

However, it was more than just a small caress, she needed to whisper in his ears those words that are as old as time, words that only them could understand and share, if only he was hers.

But he wasn't, he was married, had children... Every boundary kept coming back to her each passing day, each moment she thought too much of him. She would go back to the very first day she saw him, while she was only twelve, and him thirty-eight. And there was still a chemistry between them both, not love, but still ; they were meant to stay as a team together.

And that day he met her for the first time after a year of being apart, when she had dressed herself as the woman of his dreams only to please him and show him how much she cared about him. That day, she should have made her move when he looked in her eyes, when he lost himself starring at the beauty she had become over the years.

Because by that particular look she knew he felt the same way that she did. He couldn't hide himself behind a mariage that was meant to fail because of his curent fights between him and his wife.

And, one night, after a party where they attended, without her mother, or anyone, she had whispered those words as he was standing by her side :
"I love you, please say you love me too."
These three words, they could have changed their lives forever if he dared responding to them. But he just kept going, ignoring even the fact that is silence was proving it all.

She wasn't disappointed, because she knew she won. He left her in front of the porch of her appartement with just a few words ; " I promise that we'll always be together, until the end of time."
If it seemed like a simple sentence proving their friendship and their partnership as a singer and her manager, they both knew the loving connotation it kept underneath.

She opened up her eyes and went out of the bathtub almost instantly. Today, she finally found the courage deep inside just to walk right up to his door near hers. This sudden boldness made her almost immediately dress up, put some make-up, his favorite perfume and her best jewelry. When she looked into the mirror, she felt like a different person, the one that was ready to conquer it all. She knew he loved her, and she loved him too. There was no boundary anymore for her to cross. In a middle of a divorce, the man was free, ready to face his true love right in front of him.

But her body couldn't move anymore when she finally got to it, like a thousand times before. Desperation hit her again, the act was playing upon herself. She dreamt of it, thought of it everyday in every way, but now that she was confronted to it, she couldn't do anything else.

She was once again so lost into her thoughts that she didn't see his door opening right in front of her. He smiled at her and, without a word, he handed her this letter.

"I hope this might show you the way into my heart." And it said :

I love you, please say you love me too
These three words, they could change our life forever.

"And I promised you that we will always be together."

"Until the end of time ? Well maybe I needed a little love..." She said timidly. "Maybe I needed a little care."

"And maybe I, or maybe you needed somebody tough to hold you." He responded, still smiling. "If you do, just reach out and I'll be there."

She jumped into his arms and said it again right into his ear :
"I love you, please say you love me too. These three words, they could change our life forever. And I promise you too that we'll always be together."

He laughed joyfully and repeated it again in her ear, hugging her tightly.

"I love you. I truly do."