My first day of sophomore year (part1)

KAG0110
——Izzy's pov——-
Beep! Beep! Beep! I woke up to the sound of the alarm of my phone. I grabbed my phone, hit the dismiss button,and saw that it was 6 am. I got up turned on my light and went into my walk-in closet to find a cute outfit for my first day of sophomore year.
After five minutes I found a cute gray crop top, a high rise jean skirt and black and white plaid combat boots. I got dressed, did my makeup, and put my hair in a high ponytail sporting my milwood high cheer bow. I'm captain of the Milwood high school cheer squad.
I got my stuff together and went to check in on my mom who's got cancer.
"Hey mom how are you feeling today?" I asked her.
     "A bit worse but I want you to know when I'm gone I want you to not go down that dark path you went down when you ain't died. You hear me Izzy promise me you'll be strong."my mom said. I held back tears.
     "Ok I promise but you don't know that you're going to die or if you'll be able to overcome this cancer." I said having hopeful eyes.
     "I know but I go today to see if it's clearing up and if it's not how long I have left but I'm so proud of you for everything you've accomplished." She said.
"Thanks mom what time is your appointment today because I got cheer practice today after school?" I asked.
    "It's at seven tonight so you'll have time to come home and get me and you don't have to come in with me if you don't want too." She said.
" I don't care to really but i better get going because I'm walking to school."