Wake Up Call

As Stefhani's eyes cracked open slowly, she felt her head pound. "God." She grumbled as she sat up, leaves crackling beneath her. She let out a shakey breath as she emerged from the vegetation and looked around. "What... Is this place?" She mumbled through dry lips.

   Tall trees seemed to isolate her from the rest of the world as clovers and grass swallowed her whole. "How did I get here?" She felt her heart sink as she realized... She didn't know where she was before this either. She couldn't remember much of anything, actually, besides her name.

    She stood up and looked around in a panic. There had to be people- houses- something; She couldn't possibly be out here alone! Something- or perhaps someone, had to have put her here. It didn't just Happen. 

    She brushed her pale blonde hair out of her eyes as she began to move around, pushing shrubs and branches out of her way. "Hello?" She called. "Anyone out here?!" After a few moments of frantically looking around her area, she broke into a sprint. "Hello?!" She ran through the underbrush, causing birds and squirrels alike to scatter.

  "Please! Someone please answer me!" She cried. As she ran, her food caught on a root, causing her to crash down onto the cold, hard forest floor. She cringed as she pushed herself up and sat upright. Tears pricked at her eyes. She took a deep breath and sat still for a moment. Though brief, this pause felt like a lifetime.

Alright. So I am alone. In the forest, with no food, no water and no tools.

She thought to herself.

I don't even have any fricken tampons for christ sake.

   How could fate be so cruel? She was only a teenager, after all. "What am I supposed to do?!" She called to the skies as she fell backwards into a cluster of clovers. She sighed.  "I... Guess I should....  Make a shelter or something?" She sat up once more. "How the hell do I build a shelter with no damn tools?" She pulled her knees to her chest.