.:𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬:.

.:Quinn Bryton:.

"So Melody, have you been to New York City before?" I ask as I reach for my glass of water.

She shakes her head, "No, I haven't, I'm so excited!," she said and then looked over at my son, "Jace said that he would give me a tour of the whole city," she said enthusiastically making Jace laugh lightly at her antics. She turned her head over to face him, "Speaking of which, when are we going to do that babe?" she asked with a smile.

"Anytime sugar, we have all summer to explore this city. Don't worry I'll be sure that you get the full New York experience" he said while throwing a wink at her making her giggle lightly and nod.

"I don't know about that Jace" my husband spoke after he swallowed down the rest of his scotch.

"And why is that?" Jace replied.

"Because I'm offering you and Rainer an internship at my firm this summer. Give you some experience in the real Law world" Oliver spoke while summoning one of the maids over to refill his empty glass.

"Really!?" Jace asks sitting up and leaning over the table to get a good look at his father.

"Yes, you and Rainer both"

"I- Thank you dad" Jace says with a happy gleam in his eye and a wide smile.

"Yes, thank you so much Mr. Bryton" Rainer finally speaks up.

My eyes wander away from my husband and towards the handsome man beside me. Our eyes connect and a slight shiver runs down my body, causing goosebumps to appear on my bare arms and legs. My heart races as he licks his lips and runs his eyes down from my face to my chest.

God. What I would let him do to me.

"So when do we start?" Jace asks eagerly, snapping me out of the miniature fantasy and back to reality.

I quickly move my eyes over to my partner and see him already looking at me. Fuck. Did he see our little interaction? I mean it was only looking but, still this could cause him to get upset.

"You both start this upcoming Monday" Oliver responds, and shifts his eyes towards his son and then to his friend.

"So I will have time to show Melody around the city this weekend" Jace concludes out loud.

"Yes son, you will have time to attend to your little friend" he tells in a belittling tone, making Melody shift uncomfortably.

"My girlfriend dad, she's not a friend, she's my girlfriend" Jace corrects and I inwardly cringe at the tone he's using with his parent.

I look towards the man on my right and see that his eyes have grown dark and his fists have began to ball up in anger. It looks as if he is going to retaliate and say something back to his son but before he does, Rainer interrupts.

"What time should we report to you office?" he asks making Oliver's attention turn towards him and his anger simmer for now.

"Well the hours are the standard nine to five, but since it will be your first day you should show up around eight thirty" he declares and Rainer nods in understanding, while Jace just does a single nod to also show his.