Chapter 36: A plan in place

"Okay, so, where do we go from here?" Cassy asked when we got back to the house

 "Okay, so, where do we go from here?" Cassy asked when we got back to the house. "I mean, clearly we can just wait for He Who Has No Nose and the wicked witch of the west to come to us. We have to take the fight to them."

"As much as I agree with you, I think we are just going to have to take a back seat for now and let the Order regroup before we can think about an attack," I said as I sat down at the kitchen bench.

"Elsa's right, Cassy," dad said, noticing that Cassy was about to object. "If you try to hunt down Voldemort and Gullveig now, you will just end up going around in circles."

"They are going to have to go to group, for now at least," Nat added. "Everyone is going to be on the lookout for them. It would be foolish for them to make any sort of play; all it will do is paint a massive target on their backs."

"Yeah, but laying low really isn't Voldemort's style," Danny said.

"It was Erik Lensherr's either but he still knew he had to lay low for a while as well," mum pointed out.

"The only issue with that theory is Magneto was laying low because Professor X broke him out of prison after he was accused of killing JFK," I reminded her.

"But he still knew that everyone was looking for him and knew he had to go into hiding," mum countered.

"You know, after all these years, you would think I would be used to the crazy that comes along with you guys but you just keep surprising me," Sam laughed. "I mean, I always thought I knew who assassinated JFK but now, you have just completely changed that."

"Erik didn't kill JRK, he tried to save him," mum corrected him.

"Why would Magneto want to save him?" Sam asked. "I've read a lot about that guy and he doesn't seem to be the type to go on a mercy mission."

"Because JFK was a mutant," I told him. "A telepath, to be specific."

"Okay, that's it," Sam said, throwing his hands up in the air. "I'm outta here! I've heard enough crazy for today. If you want me, I'll be down at the Three Broomsticks, getting a butterbeer."

"You know, when we leave here, Sam's going to go into serious butterbeer withdrawals," Wanda said as she watched Sam walk out.

"I guess were just going to have to stock up on them," Nat shrugged as someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it," Wanda said as stood up and walked to the door.

I rested my head on the kitchen counter as I waited to see who was at the door. I was still exhausted from everything that had happened over the past few weeks and more than anything, all I wanted to do was curl up and sleep for a month. But I knew that wasn't going to happen, especially when I heard more than one set of footsteps walking back to the kitchen.