Chapter 4

The next day, the Akids got their stuff together, had a quick breakfast, and headed straight to the Clearwater Marine Hospital. When they arrived they saw Sawyer come in on his bike and waved to him. 

"Good! Everyone's here" Teeders smiled. 

"Now, let's go break the law" David said with a devious smirk while the other Akids rolled their eyes at him annoyingly. 

The gang headed straight to the back door and opened it with ease knowing Hazel had kept it unlocked for them. The kids quietly snuck in... again, and headed straight up to the second floor. When they got out to the medical pool, they saw Phoebe along with another dolphin trainer, Kat, handling Winter while Hazel's dad, who ran the aquarium was tending to the injuries of her tail. 

"Looks like it's just getting worse" The kids heard Phoebe say as they snuck around to the desk to hide behind. 

"Should we increase the topical antibiotics?" Kat asked her boss. 

"They're not really working" The lead man replied. "There's just too much dead tissue"

The Akids frowned as they watched with Sawyer but remained careful not to be seen. 

"Poor thing" Phoebe frowned at Winter while holding the baby dolphin. "It just looks like she's giving up" 

"We can't make her wanna live" The man said. "She's gonna have to do that part on her own" 

Just then, Brock felt something bite his leg and let out a loud "YOUCH!" 

The kids all quickly turned around seeing who had bitten Brock. 

"You!" Cynthia glared, seeing it was none other then Rufus.

"Hey! Give me some fish!" Rufus demanded the kids, snapping his beak at them. 

"Stop it!" Sawyer whispered loudly at Rufus. 

"Go away! Shoo!" The Akids glared annoyingly at the pelican. Cynthia even managed to kick the nosy bird. 

"Get out of here!" Sawyer and the Akids shooed Rufus away, getting him to leave. 

"Cheapskates" Rufus muttered at the kids and walked off. 

The kids all sighed with eye rolls, glad to have that annoying stupid bird out of their hair when...

"Hey" A voice said. 

The kids froze while the twins gave a silent 'uh, oh' and gulped, realizing they had been caught. They all slowly peered out from their hiding spot, seeing the man looking at them. 

"Come here" He said, gesturing for them to come over. "Come over here" 

The Akids and Sawyer all slowly walked up towards him. 

"W-We're terribly sorry for the intrusion, s-sir" Ann said, nervously looking up at the head man of this place. 

The man studied the group for a moment. "Now who are all of you? How did you get in here?" He lightly demanded.

Just then, the Akids heard a gasp behind them and turned to see Hazel rushing over towards them. 

"Dad, Dad! They're the kids from the beach, remember?" Hazel told her father. 

"Hazel, you know the rules" The man looked sternly towards his daughter as Hazel hung her head. "No one is allowed in this part of the hospital. Now if you want to come back during visiting hours..."

"Clay?..." Phoebe suddenly spoke, getting everyone's attention. "She's awake" 

Winter started trilling while the Akids could make out her saying "Friend. Where are you?". She must've sensed Sawyer's presence.