chapter 2

Hello! M back with the 2nd chapter and sorry that it took so long. Fyi , I haven’t really bothered to proof read it.

Chapter 2

The music was loud – too loud. Emily’s heart seemed to reverberate with it. She sighed and took a sip from her sixth glass of cocktail which she had no idea what it was called. The things she did for Amanda – her best friend, who was now busy dancing with her boyfriend, Sean Conner.

Last year, Emily had relocated to New York to complete her post graduation in computer science where she had been offered full scholarship. Amanda had also been in her class and she was the first person Emily became friends with, and they had continued to get closer while bonding over various workshops, assignments and projects. Though Amanda was Emily’s best friend and the closest thing she had to a sister, Emily had still not told her anything about her past. She didn’t know whether Amanda could take it and above all, not judge her. So Emily had decided to not disclose her past and a part of her present-that kept her connected to her past, even though she knew she was better off without it. Yet she could not let it go. She sighed again. She was starting to sound like an addict. Well she was one, she admitted silently. After the whole her -boyfriend-cheating-on-her episode, this was the only thing that kept her going. It was the only thing where nothing else mattered, where she did not miss her familylike crazy, where she did not feel like returning to her home town in California. She could be free and live her life out of the shadows here.

She smiled to herself realizing how cheesy it all sounded. What would Amanda do if she found out she was now going to share her house with a criminal- the criminal being her that is. She laughed out aloud. Amanda’s expression would sure be worth a picture. She looked back at Amanda-she was leaning into Sean now whispering something in his ear to which he smiled and quickly ushered her to the private enclosure nearby. One didn’t have to guess at what she was whispering about after that.

Emily smiled. That girl really knew how to keep him wrapped around her little finger. Emily wondered why Amanda was friends with a girl like her. This question had bothered her countless times and she never seemed to come up with an answer. Amanda and Emily were complete opposites. Amanda was stunning, hell beautiful even with her gorgeous blond mane, blue eyes that always sparkled with a mischievous glint, pale skin and a model like body that every girl would die for while Emily was just an average girl with black-brown hair that never seemed to decide which color they wanted to be, brown eyes, fair complexion and a pretty much average body which could do better if she lost a few pounds. Amanda was the daughter of the billionaire- Tony and Isabella Parker while Emily was the daughter of an average lawyer, Lucas and Skye Jones. Emily’s father had left them ten years ago. Emily still remembered that fateful day. She felt like she could never breathe again. Her father had been everything to her. He was a computer engineer and it was because of him that she had taken up computers. His love for computers had automatically been inherited by her. Emily had no idea about why he had abandoned her. It all seemed so surreal.  Her family had been clueless as well. But life continued and she had pushed the pain to the back of her mind. The only time it had resurfaced again was when Derek, her ex-boyfriend had cheated on her.

Emily could not think about the past anymore. She tried to focus on the current question at hand. She was trying to figure out why Amanda was friends with her. Their interests and hobbies were completely different. While Amanda was an adventurer who liked camping, hikes and adrenaline fuelled sports, Emily was a nerd who kept busy with novels, video games and designing various kind of sotwares.

Emily eyes drifted towards the bar where she caught the site of a familiar figure flirting with a blondie. She grimaced. Logan always had girls surrounding him wherever he went. It was so annoying. Wait, why was it annoying? It was not like those girls were surrounding her. She really was drunk if she was thinking that those girls being near Logan annoyed her. Logan was wearing a black shirt and blue jeans roughened near his knee caps, with the over all look complimenting his dishelves bonde hair and sparkly blue eyes. He smirked as the blondie said something to him. She tried to drag her gaze but failed.