~One: Heartbreak~

Welcome to the very first Upgraded Chapter of this Book!!My hands were numb while typing all this, it's a long one!! So this is the Upgraded Update of the WHOLE Heartbreak series which was Five parts long. I hope you all like it, worked up the hell out of me here!

 I hope you all like it, worked up the hell out of me here!

Author's POV-

Something different is about today's sunshine, the water seems to be more refreshing, birds seem chirpier but the happiest among all is the queen, Agnikanya Draupadi. Today, there definitely is something special because she was never observed to be genuinely happy.

Today, Indraprasth's Beloved Prince, Shri Krishna's dearest friend and cousin , beloved of Draupadi, the cherished son of Kunti, Prince Arjun is returning back to Indraprastha after Twelve years of exile!

Draupadi is on cloud nine, never in her life she seemed so joyous and so excited, but little she knew there was a black cloud of storm wandering over her happiness, Draupadi was over the moon but something in her was vibrating negativity, she felt uneasy, she felt like crying but Arjun's arrival was a cherry on the top.

She was elegantly dressed up in red with heavily lined kohl in her large, Lotus eyes. Her delicate fingers adorned with precious rings and her hand chained in golden bangles and bracelets. Pure golden Anklets were wrapped around her ankles. Her small feet and palms were decorated with dark red mehendi, her long swan-like neck beared a golden step chain. Her ears were looped with huge round golden earrings which were attached with a similar nose ring. Her gracious smile was alluring and her illuminating skin was perfectly in contrast with her lustrous, luscious blue-black curls. Her excotic aroma of blue lotus added a heavenly aura around as she elegantly walked towards the door to welcome Arjun, making everyone gasp, their eyes as wide as saucers gazing at her heavenly beauty.

She reached the gates smiling ear-to-ear and found Arjun forwarding his palm to a young maiden sneaking out of the Palki. Draupadi was confused.

The woman was young and decked up in a lavish bridal attire and heavy ornaments. Her partition was filled with blood-red vermillion and a chudamani resting on her head, she was smiling so widely which made Draupadi wonder that doesn't her face muscles ache?

She had slightly salmon lips which were due to the pink tint applied on her lips and she had pure dark brown orbs. She had heavily lined eyes and a diamond figure. She was quite fair and she had a chirpy aura around her. She saw the whole Yadav family, Krishna and his Eight wives, Revati, Balram, Vasudeva and Devaki behind descending from their chariots, realization came like a tight slap on her face, the woman was Subhadra, married to Arjun!

Her husband had remarried despite her being his wife?!

Yes, he remarried despite her being his Wife - A statement, not question.

Tears brimmed in her eyes but she composed herself before the whole clan. She felt as if someone had clogged her throat, seeped a burning knife and twisting it through her heart, she forgot how to breathe. She saw an apologetic look in Arjun's eyes as she felt his searing gaze on her. They shared a bold eye-lock but Draupadi immediately diverted her gaze towards Subhadra, who seemed achingly delighted.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Kunti glancing at her with concern and a weak smile on her humble visage, but Draupadi could sense she was delighted by the news that her dearest niece and her cherished son are now united in a wed-lock.

She heavily sighed, life just can't be easy for her. In every situation, gods find several ways to make it a tight-rope walk for her, a path of thorns for her, only for her.

Her gaze met the enigmatic dark fluid ones of Krishna, she could see some concern in those for her and extreme delight for her dearest sister and even dearer Arjun.

She felt shattered, right now, she just wanted to march to her garden, dump herself on the ground and heavily break down hugging the blossom tree, her lone companion in these unhappy Twelve years.

She felt the sympathetic and concern-filled gazes of her co-wives on her.

She was the favorite of everyone here. Everyone loves her too much to be expressed in words, and everyone here wants her to love them back the most.

In these Twelve years, she learnt to love everyone, but all her love was stored for Arjun, but he betrayed her in the worst way possible, he proved she miserably failed to do the duties of a wife by remarrying.

She stepped forward and welcomed the newly-wedded couple without even sparing a glance at them.

Subhadra was delighted to obtain Draupadi as her co-wife. She wanted to be her younger sister, she wanted to cherish Draupadi. She already considers her as an elder sister, she had heard her praises from almost each and everyone she met. It was her staunch desire to have a look of Draupadi, but now she can't believe her luck, she got her as her co-wife but she is sure that one day they will be soul sisters, she is over the moon.

 It was her staunch desire to have a look of Draupadi, but now she can't believe her luck, she got her as her co-wife but she is sure that one day they will be soul sisters, she is over the moon

Word Count-2888

Banner Credits goes to @Arafisabu 

Do Vote & Comment,

Love & Peace,

Ava....