Part 56

Night already and next day was THE DAY . 

Nandini and Manik were in the lawn , Nandini gazing the stars while Manik was attending Kiara's call as some urgent deal needed his attention and cause he could not be there physically, he decided to be there through Skype and though he was just a second away from saying NO to the deal as it would not affect them much but on Nandini's insistence,he decided to go ahead with it. He was taking brief inputs about the deal from Kiara.

"Okay, you send me the presentation as soon as possible."

Without waiting for her reply,he disconnected the call and turned back his attention to his understanding , supporting girl.

He saw her deep in thoughts and stood beside her with his hands in his pocket when he heard her speak.

"We have come so far na Manik"

She faced him as she let out his thoughts infront of him with a smile.

Smiling back a little,he settled himself beside her and sat cross-legged.

Looking at the stars and simultaneously at her, he said.

"Indeed we have a long way  ahead of us in future though"

"Hmm I know Manik but we would be together all the while,right? Same as we are now,hamesha?"

Manik still looking at stars slipped his hands into her beautiful ones entwining them assuring her of their HAMESHA,PERFECT. Not words,but actions spoke more.

Smiling,Nandini turned her attention to the stars again and said

"I did like stars but the love that I've developed for them lately surprises me Manik. I can sit for days just looking at them.You are rubbing off on me i guess"

Manik looked at her as she said this to see her already looking at him. Nandini needed no words from his mouth,the eyes did the talking.

"Really?then I hate the fact that I love these stars Nandini. Cause,I like them and so you love them more and you can stay for days with them and not me? That's bad."

Nandini gaped at him and catching the fun his tone held,she played along.

"Oh right Mr. Malhotra , so seeing that I should hate the fact that I love fireflies considering the jar of fireflies you have kept in your room now?"

"Oh oh you got that wrong,I ve kept them for you there"

Nandini passed him a fake smile indicating she is definitely not buying that excuse.

Manik diverting the topic hugged her sideways and Nandini gave in hugging him back with his head on her chest.

"Nandini,you know the stars shine a little more everynight."

Nandini looked at him as he said that .

"Which instrument have you invented to measure the brightness Manik?"

Manik looked at her with unbelievable expressions.

"I was kidding. Feelings se measure karte ho I know right. Tell me how do they shine a little more everynight." 

Nandini asked nudging him.

"They witness the affection,the care,the loyalty,communications,joy and LOVE of people for each other which radiates them and so they express their happiness when they shine."

Nandini was touched by his words,the positive outlook that this man,her man carried.Who would believe that the man who bosses around everyone,who presents himself to be the hard man,who would believe he is actually this,the real Manik who looks positive in everything that happens,EVERYTHING?