Chapter 2

Listen to the attached piece!

------------------------------------------------

Vaishnavi's POV

I wake up to a piano playing a familiar song. I get off my bed and walk out of my room, trying to follow the sound and find its origin. As I walk to my left, I hear the music getting loud around me, so I change my direction to the right, and again the music gets louder around me. I don't understand from which direction this music is coming. I look around me and feel like I know this house, but there's nothing I know about it, except that I am here. Then the music stops.

The windows fly open, letting the breezy wind inside and the translucent long white curtains that covered the windows flap vigorously as if it wanted to free itself from the rod it is being attached to and soar away into the sky. The air around me turns cold, and I start shivering. Trying to keep me warm, I hugged myself but failed as the wind glided inside too fast. The music resumes, and this time I understood the direction, so I ran towards it. I reached a room that was pitch dark. The sound of the piano was all I could hear now.

I gulped all my fear down my throat and called out, "Is anyone there?". The music continued, but no answer. I touched the walls which were on both my sides, trying to find the switch. I found it and switched it on. As soon as I switched it on, the music stopped. I looked around the room, so many framed music pieces, quotes about music and trophies, medals and certificates in a wooden cupboard. My eyes then stopped at the piano that was facing me. I looked lower to see if a person was sitting but couldn't see as a long book sat on the music rack. I walked closer and around the piano, clutching the long t-shirt I was wearing.

No one! No one was sitting on the piano bench. I breathe a sigh of relief but fear still lingering in my mind. I look at the piano keys and hold back an urge to swipe through the keys but give in. I giggled, the sound giving me satisfaction.

"You haven't changed one bit," a deep voice chuckled behind me, and I froze in my place, my smile fading away.

Tears filled my eyes as I recognized the owner of the voice. Clutching my top, I closed my eyes and turned around. I opened my eyes slowly to find him standing there with a sad smile, my Abhishek. I burst out crying into my palms and fell to my knees. I felt warm arms embracing me, and I moved in closer, craving it for so long. He then broke the hug and started to fade away.

"Please don't leave me again," I sobbed loudly, trying to touch him but failing to do so.

I wake up, gasping for air, sitting on the bed with salted water rolling down my cheeks. I looked at my pillow, wet by my tears. 'I'll be getting discharged tomorrow and now I'm relapsing!' I whisper yell to myself so that I don't wake up Kareena and cutie. Cutie starts to stir in her sleep and I knew she was gonna wake up and start crying, so I quickly pick her up and go out of the room. She starts crying and I keep cradling her but she doesn't stop. I don't understand what she needs now and start to tear up myself.

'Is she not feeling comfortable? Is she sick?' I think to myself while trying to make her stop crying. Then the same piano music from my dream started playing and my eyes widen.

"Abhi..." I let out a whisper. I follow the music with baby in my arms, who has now stopped crying and is giggling. When I hear her giggle I can't help but smile even in my most weakest moments like now. I go through a corridor with very dim light, I am quite scared but cutie only giggles more. 'Strange...' I thought to myself.

She then slowly stopped giggling and fell asleep on my shoulder. I keep roaming around the hospital trying to find the music. I atlast reach the terrace where a few instruments including the piano were kept. The piano was at the very last of the closed terrace room. As soon as I stepped foot into the room the music stopped.

I ran to the piano holding cutie securely. "Abhi..." I see him sitting on the bench, looking down at the keys and then turned to me.

I suppress my tears and choke out "I-is this a dream...where I see you leave me again and then break myself again?" Tears filled my eyes turning them red despite trying to hide it, so I broke the eye contact.

He stood up, standing only a few inches away from me. I could feel his eyes on me, tempting me to look back at them but I looked everywhere except at him with my red eyes.

"Why don't you look at me? When I'm not in front of you all you want is to see me but when I am in front of you..." He says like as if he had been watching me. I immediately look at him 'How does he know?'.

I look away and answer him "Because you..."

"Died" he completes my sentence. "But I...have reborned anew for you" he says and I looked at his eyes with confusion.

I shake my head coming back to my senses, I turn around and walk away muttering to myself "You are just dreaming, only dreaming. You are gonna wake-"

"What can I do, for you to believe me?" Abhishek asked standing right in front of me.

"H-how did y-you..." I stand frozen in my place, trying to digest what just happened. How did he come from all the way there to right in front of me in an instant?

"I told you, I'm reborn anew and...I am neither a ghost nor a dream" He smiled. The smile I'm used to seeing on his face.

"You keep...confusing me" I say frustrated and walk past him.

"So the old Vaishnavi is back now. Childish, cute..." He says in a teasing tone. I turn around and glare at him.

He walks to me and leans forward "Want to go to your room faster?"

"If you help me-" before I could finish I was standing right outside my room door with cutie in my arms.

"What the..." I look around myself.

"Goodnight vaish" a deep husky voice says in my ears and I turn around to find no one. But I knew it was him.

All this...it's not a dream. It's real! But...they don't make sense at all.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi all! Don't forget to vote!

Some things are mysterious but that's what's fun!