Terror

What is Terror? Terror is described as extreme fear. What could cause such a feeling in anyone? A large fire, overbearing flooding, a wild animal. All these things can bring terror to a person, but why? Death is the answer. Many people run from death, but what happens to those who can't? They experience terror. 

Swapfell's POV

     I haven't visited the house in a while. My main reason to do so was to usually torment the gang, but today I am going for a different reason. I have been noticing more anomalies than usual, and I can't help but feel like something is off. 

     I approach the house feeling my uneasiness grow. It is like I have someone breathing down my neck telling me to turn back. My hand reaches out and I slowly open the door. I'm surprised it isn't locked for once, but when I enter I feel like there wouldn't even need to be a lock. Blood is splattered onto the walls and floors, dust litters the place, the rooms are darkened and a few broken lights spark, yet there is an eery silence that has fallen upon the house. With this silence, I believe everyone to be dead and a sickened and fear-filled feeling strikes into my soul. I raise my voice and call out for anyone who remains, but then it occurs to me that something else may be remaining in the house. I quiet my voice and then hear a clicking slowly coming from the kitchen. I don't take a second to look as I run upstairs and to the attic. I grab the handle but the door doesn't budge. I then hear footsteps racing up the stairs. I let out a cry before turning around. My entire body freezes. It feels like I am staring death in the face, but I cannot move. My mind is frantic and running in all different directions yet my body remains still. His hands and his crazed eyes match with the color of red dripping down to the floor. I can feel myself tearing up as I stare at what I could only describe as a true monster. I wonder what he sees as he runs towards me with his blood lust. I wonder if he sees my terror.