[ 1 ]

The day Hyuck saw Renjun coming back to their shared apartment crying, he promised to beat the hell out of anyone dared to make Renjun cried. Called Hyuck the protective best friend and yes he'd admit he's one. He couldn't bear seeing his friends getting hurt or sad, it affected him emotionally and he didn't like it a bit. So when he saw Renjun coming to him crying out loud, he gave the biggest hug and kept assuring Renjun "you will be okay" for thousands times. It made him calm down a little bit.

When Hyuck felt Renjun has stopped crying, he positioned Renjun to sit straight facing him, "What happened to you?"

"I-it's Mark fuckin Lee", Hyuck could feel the sadness and disappointment in Renjun's voice.

"Your boyfriend? Did he hurt you? Tell me! I'm so ready to beat the hell out of him"

Renjun sobbed, "I-I don't know.. It hurts right here", he pointed right where his heart is. Other people who saw this will say Renjun is hella dramatic, but Hyuck would never think his best friend dramatic for this. It must be Mark who's at fault.

"That prick.. How dare he?!"

"N-no don't get angry.. I-it could be my fault too..", oh sweet little Renjun always being selfless even when he's the one who's hurt.

Hyuck's looking right at Renjun's eyes sternly, "You can not and must not be selfless right now, Renjun. Come on tell me what did he do to you?"

"H-he didn't do anything particularly.. h-he just," Hyuck kept stroking Renjun's head softly to make him feel assured, "he said we're better off as friends.. h-he doesn't feel any sparks when he's with me"

"That's definitely a lie"

"No it could be true.. I'm a boring person to be with"

"Shut up you're far from boring!" Hyuck stood up from where he sat, "I should beat the shit out of Mark Lee for breaking your heart"

"Calm down please.. don't do anything to him, it's okay," Renjun was so defeated, "let me just be miserable tonight and I promise I'll be fine by tomorrow"

Hyuck gave him his pinky, "you promised"

"Yeah, I will not let Mark Lee makes me sad for more than a day. I deserve better"

"That's the Renjun I know," Hyuck surged forward to hug his best friend "but still, let me do something to him?"

At that Renjun frowned, "like what?"

"I have a plan. You just have to trust me on this," Hyuck winked mischievously.

"As long as it won't hurt you?"

"Of course not! It won't involve some kind of beating and punching, don't worry"

"I don't want you to get hurt.. I don't really care about Mark," Renjun explained with worries.

Hyuck made sure Renjun was looking into his eyes, " I promise. If anyone would get hurt, it would be Mark Lee and not me"

"Okay fine. No beating and punching involved!"

Renjun couldn't imagine if Hyuck really beat the shit out of Mark Lee, it's going to be so so so messy. But with the promise it wouldn't involve any kind of beating, Renjun could trust Hyuck on this. He knew his best friend will do anything to defend him from being humiliated by the heart breaker, Mark Lee.

Though it still hurt after the sudden break up, Renjun couldn't thank more for Hyuck's kindness. Boy he spent the night not leaving Renjun's side and kept whispering "you will be okay" to soothed him.

When the new day came, it's the cue for Hyuck's plan to begin. He wouldn't want to wait for another day to start it. And the plan is,

Steal Mark Lee's Attention and Break His Goddamn Heart.

--------

Author's notes:

OKAAYYY HERE WE GO a markhyuck fic omg lol I'm not very confident with my writing but it's been so long and I miss the feelings of publishing my works.

Any feedbacks are very welcome and I hope you enjooooy ♡ (also I'll try my best to update often xoxo)