Chapter Thirty

Chapter 30 for 30k reads! Thank you all so much! 💞💞

You were in the same room as Bakugou wearing matching hospital gowns with him, but a curtain blocked the both of you from seeing one another. The both of you had minor injuries, but you were both still waiting to hear back from the doctors or nurses about anything that you didn't notice.

The nurse pulled the curtains back, showing Bakugou from the other side, and smiled warmly at you. "I'll go ahead and run these tests. You two get nice and comfortable for me, okay?"

You nodded and watched her walk away. The moment the door closed, you turned to Bakugou. "Well, at least we both made it out alive." You nervously said.

Bakugou huffed before saying, "Right."

You twiddled with your fingers, staring around the room with your lips pressed to a hard line. This was the most awkward thing you had to do.

"Well.." you muttered, looking at your hands in your lap. "I hope our classmates are fine-"

"Im gonna ask you something, and you better be honest with me." Bakugou's words startled you. "What did that freak show do to you while you were in the basement with him?"

You were confused for a second before realizing what he meant. "Oh. He was trying to get me to join the league, that's all-"

"Did he say anything to you?"

"Well, like I said. He tried to get me to join the league."

"Interesting." Bakugou scoffed, leaning back in his bed.

"What's gotten into you?" You frowned, swinging your legs over the bed so you were facing him.

"Well, those guys were doing the same thing to me, but while we were fighting them you were nowhere to be seen." He explained, catching you off guard. "And with your strength, I feel you would've been able to slip by with a few scratches on your body. Maybe a tear in your suit from your flames. But not only are you unscathed, you didn't even fight, did you? So tell me, what happened?"

"Bakugou, the cuffs they put on me were Quirk resistant-"

"Then how come mine worked automatically after I took them off?"

You were at a loss for words. "Well.."

"I have a more important question," Bakugou swung his legs around and faced you, his red eyes staring into yours. "What's going on between you and the freak show?"

"Bakugou, what are you trying to get at?"

"I just find it strange that out of all the members, only one of them wanted to talk to you. Alone. Why is that?"

"I-I don't know, Bakugou." You stuttered over your words.

"And while you were down there, right before the building exploded, I heard shouting between the both of you, and made out some words. Such as 'ghosting me' and 'phone breaking'. Now tell me, why would someone like you associate with someone like him?"

You were at a loss for words, thinking it was all over, but before you could say anything, All Might and Aizawa walked into the room. "Hey, kiddos!" All Might smiled wide. "How are you both feeling?"

"I want to talk to you two. Alone." Bakugou insisted, glaring at you before looking back at the two heroes.

"If it's about Y/N, don't worry. The nurses informed us that Y/N was injected with a serum that made her hazy and confused," Aizawa blandly explained. "We aren't sure what the motive behind it was, but she'll come to her senses in a day or two."