Seventeen - "Hey, only living up to my name."

Our final week in Bermuda was supposed to be amazing. Instead it's been lonely and hostile. Keanna's gone and the whole atmosphere of the group has shifted. The girls hang out with the girls and the guys hang out with the guys. Now, we're back home in Birmingham and things are worse than they were before we left. I had loads of letters from Jax waiting for me when I opened the unit door. Some from before I saw him in Bermuda and a few from afterwards. I read them and they said to meet him at an address in a days time. I sigh before my phone buzzes and it's a text from Brooke.

Meet @ the DGC. Now xx

How does she know about the DGC? I ignore it and make the drive there. As I pull up, I see the rest of the crew there also. It looks like I'm the last person to show up as Brooke walks to the middle of us.

"Now, what ever the fuck happened in Bermuda needs to get ironed out right now because you guys make each other better and I've found an amazing club and I want it to be whole again." She explains. "Go." She adds when none of us move and she takes a step back.

"Okay, it was bold of me to assume all you girls knew about Keanna's endeavours. I had blinkers on and I'm sorry." Gabriel starts and it's only then I realize how much I missed him.

"Yeah, we didn't help the situation. We're sorry." Elle speaks up and I scoff. "Alright, not Laurie but the rest of us." She amends her comment and the boys chuckle at my usual behavior before going to hug one another. They hug Brooke too before going back to their clicks to drink and talk.

"Thank you." I say to Brooke and she smiles at me before speaking to Asher and Kyra.

"Hey." I hear Cole's voice. I turn to him and give him a small smile. "Heard anything from you're pyhsco ex?" He asks and I shrug.

"Few letters through my door but I assume it'll be business as usual this weekend." I tell him and it kind of feels nice not to have to hide my life.

"Well, you need any help, just holla." He tells me and I don't throw it back in his face. I just nod with a small smile.

"Yo Laurie, tell Brooke about your first time here and calling out Cole." Levi tells me as he comes over to us with Brooke and Elle. I sigh but proceed to explain to her what happened. We talked for hours while I felt Gabriel's eyes on me the whole duration. He saw an opportunity to swoop into our conversation and addresses me.

"Laurie, can I talk to you for a sec?" He asks so I come away from the others to talk to him. "Why are you still blanking me? I apologised." He states and I scoff.

"You made me look like a prick in front of everyone. I thought you of all people would know I'd never do anything to make 'your boys' distrust us."

"I don't know, Laurie. I barely know a thing a about you. You're cold to the world because you were hurt. I don't know by what or who. Your sister died and you blame yourself. I don't know why. And I don't know why or how you keep ending up battered and bruised every other week like it'a a fashion trend. I don't know anything." He sums up our relationship and my heart aches. "I'm fucked up Laurie, but not as fucked up as you." He adds and to my surprise, it hurts. A lot.

"I tried to tell you, don't feel sorry for me cause' I've hurt plenty of people. This is a prime example." I comment before heading to my car and speeding off. I ignore the texts from the girls asking where I've gone and get back to the unit. There's another letter from Jax as I go in.

Don't forget our rendezvous tomorrow, nice and early. Jax xx

I screw it up and throw it at the wall. A bang on my shutter door jumps me out my thoughts as panic fills me.