02 - Scrumpdillyicious Ass

"For you, there'll be no more crying,
For you the sun will be shining,
And I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right."
Songbird by Fleetwood Mac

I just got out of my class, and now I'm heading home

I just got out of my class, and now I'm heading home. I text Naomi asking if she's at home or has stayed back and she promptly replies telling me-that she's at home. She also tells me she is making hot chocolate and has gotten me Indian cuisine for lunch which absolutely uplifts my mood.

I'm with Naomi in the living room, having lunch and watching Formula One: Drive to Survive, and simping over Charles Leclerc and Daniel Ricciardo.

"Bro," Naomi says, "we need men."

"We do," I say, before continuing, "but who needs a man when I have the One Direction boys, the Why Don't We boys, fictional men, Charles Leclerc, Daniel Ricciardo-" Naomi shuts my mouth with her hand.

"Our list of men doesn't end, and we are still single. I love that for us," Naomi humphs, "We have each other and don't need any men."

Men. I don't want anything to do with any man again. My experiences are a testament that I'm meant to be alone.

I zoned out, thinking about everything that happened to me when I hear Naomi ask, "What's wrong?" in a concerned voice which makes me come out of my trance.

"I lack in loving myself in abundance. I need to love myself so that when I am with someone, I don't question his love for me because of my insecurities," I say.

"Maybe you need someone who you trust unquestionably. You do need to start loving yourself in abundance because no one is going to love you the way you love yourself," Naomi says.

"True," I say, leaning my head on her shoulder.

She starts telling me about this cute guy in her class, and how he has a "scrumpdillyicious" ass, and I throw my head back laughing at her facial expressions and hand movements.

I forget about everything that perturbs me when I am with Nai-Nai. Best friends should make you feel safe and support you in seeking something you wish to have, well not when something will cause you trouble. This feeling was unprecedented to me until I met her. She is constantly trying her best to make me the way I was before everything happened, although we didn't even know that the other person existed until we came here.

Naomi and I then dance to different songs ranging from Bollywood songs, even though Naomi doesn't understand those songs, to Love Tonight by Shouse.

I remember the day when we first bonded, vividly. I was watching the San Siro concert when Naomi came into the room. She looked at me with wide eyes, and I was a bit confused as to why she was looking at me that way, but then she let out a shriek and hugged me. I didn't hug her back because I was startled by the touch. It was after almost a month of living with her that we had talked for hours together that night.