Chapter Five

I groaned as my ringing phone stabbed through my beautiful dream. In my dream, I bought a beach house and walked along the shores of my very own island. My dream guy was about to come out of the water when the stupid phone had to ring. I aggressively pat the bed, searching for my phone. When I picked it up, I forced my eyes open and looked at the caller ID to identify the dream disrupter. Guess who.

   "Not him again," I whimpered. Ever since I got discharged two months earlier, Arron never let me be. He showed up everywhere; in my dreams, in my thoughts, in my phone, at my porch, at my office and in my house. He was practically mom's favourite child so he got to visit and stay whenever he liked and however he liked it. He showed up at Stacie's wedding the previous week and Stacie said and I quote "he made the party more lively and exquisite with his presence because what screams expensive and joviality more than him?" I didn't want to admit it out loud, but she was right. Without him, the wedding would have ended badly.

How? Good question.

   The digital team didn't show up, the MC got stuck in traffic and the DJ was admitted in a hospital. Next to the fact that the bridal car broke down. Arron played hero, fixed everything and did both the MC and DJ for the wedding party. And the car he used, don't know how he got the car but arriving in a mini limousine was not part of Stacie's wedding plan so I knew she was overjoyed.

   Now, back to him being everywhere. He never stopped trying to chat with me on the only social media platforms I use, and after a week, I had no choice (thanks to mom) but to reply him. But I guess when you start talking to someone for two months and seeing them everyday, they just grow on you. That was what I was afraid of, letting him grow completing, but fighting it wasn't working out as planned. My life ought to go according to plan and a guy was not part of the plan I set for myself which is very annoying.

   I stuffed the phone under my pillow after silencing it and tried to go back to sleep. But what are the odds of getting back to the exact dream? After trying for minutes, I gave up and stood up from my bed. I began my day with a little prayer, stretches and then the duty of cleaning my room. It was Saturday, I generally clean the whole house once every bi- Saturday, except if I'm extremely busy or the house is too dirty. Today was one of the Saturdays for my cleaning.

   I brushed my teeth after cleaning my room, washed my face and then the whole bathroom. I dropped my PJs in the laundry basket, changed into comfortable dark blue shorts and a black sport bra before leaving my room with the basket. I went around the house picking up the dirty laundries then set them to wash in the washing machine so I could start cleaning mom's room. It took me almost an hour to finish her room, then I went over to clean Arron's room. I did tell you he lives in my house now. His room wasn't a mess, he's a clean guy. The only problem he has is doing his own damn laundry and changing his bedcovers.

   I pulled off his bedcovers, changed it and threw it in the laundry basket. I removed the little cobwebs in his room before leaving with his dirty laundry to add them to the others at due time. After dropping the basket, I went on to clean the remaining two rooms in the house and finally the living room. I was stretching on my toes and cracking their stiff bones when I saw him sitting in my favourite chair and stuffing his face with the heart cake I baked and saved for myself to binge watch a marathon of my favourite serie. The chocolate flavoured peanuts I baked too was there, and my brownies.

   "Arron!" I shouted quizzically. He laughed as he stared at the humorous scene displaying on the TV. "Arron!"

   "Oh, hi babe," he said with a small laugh, then shoved a spoon of... Mon Dieu! This man will be the death of me or the beginning of my admission to a laughing academy.