addiction ; sunghoon

pair: sunghoon x fem!oc
tags: tension, enemies/lovers, action, makeout (idk if its good tho)
au: enemies (work for violent opposite parties)
warnings: violence, blood, gore (minor), fighting, language, please tell me if i need to add more!
word count: 1,483
status: completed

they may be enemies that were meant to kill each other, but they were addicted to care. 

The line of war was evident—clear as day and dark as night

The line of war was evident—clear as day and dark as night. Blood and death floated around the room as the few left remaining realized the sheer amount of bloodshed they'd caused. Used bullets littered the ground. Arrows pierced the now dead. Pools of blood formed around each body, staining the metallic floorboards a deep mahogany.

As the last few remaining dueled it out, two of the strongest stared at each other.

Park Sunghoon stood nonchalantly, confidence oozing out of his body as he stared at the girl in front of him. He found her ethereal when so determined, eyes clouding with a confounding desire. His icy skin and calculating eyes wouldn't leave her as they circled around, waiting for each other to make the first move.

Jeong Hyera returned his gaze with a softened, underlying and border-line psychotic glare masked with a hint of determination and lust that remained even in such an unfated situation like this. Even when she knew one of them was about to meet a tragic end, she found herself heavily attracted.

They thrived for the danger.

They'd known since the beginning that their story would be tragic. They knew, but they were addicted. Addicted to each other, to their relationship, to the idea of risk—they were addicted to everything their relationship entailed.

"Are you gonna come at me, love? Or will you just stand there with that lovely gaze of yours?"

Hyera only rolled her eyes at him, tightening her stance as she got ready to fight.

"We seem to always meet like this, Park," she voiced, her soft voice resonating within Sunghoon's ears.

He was addicted to the sound of her voice, soft and filled with raw emotions even at times like this. Her confidence only fueled him more—fueled this unconscious attraction for each other.

They were like two magnets, meant to move toward something stronger but too attached to leave.

"How many times has it been now?" she questioned, a look of feigned ponder fluttering onto her face. "Seven? Eight?"

Sunghoon chuckled, finally bringing out his knife. They had to fight sooner or later—the secrets of their relationship couldn't be disclosed to either side.

"You must love me a lot to be keeping count, Jeong," he teases, getting in a more offensive stance.

He wasn't going to back away from this fight, just as he hadn't backed away before—every time they met.