6: Oliver

On Thursday, Willow was walking through the center of the city. She had brought Luna to school, had done some groceries, but was now ready to meet Rose. She glanced at her watch and quickened her step when she saw she was on the late side. From afar, she already saw the cafe. When she stepped in, the smell of coffee and tea entered her nose. It smelled very nice... In the corner of the cafe, with nobody around, she saw Rose.

'Rose!', Rose looked up from her phone when Willow took the place across from her. 'My god- it really had been a long time!', Rose smiled shortly before tucking some hair behind her ear and putting her phone away.

'It really has.', she agreed.

Willow stared at her friend. Her blonde hair, which usually fell so gracefully and reached above her shoulders, was now put in a messy ponytail. She wore no make-up, making the bags under her eyes even more visible, and she looked skinny: her cheekbones popped out of her face it seemed. She looked almost... a little grey.

'How have you been?', Rose asked, crossing her legs over each other. 'We haven't seen each other in like three months!',

'I've been doing just fine!',  Willow exclaimed, putting her bag on the ground. 'It's Luna's last week at school and it's almost my birthday of course.', Willow giggled, folding her hands together and leaning on the table. 'But how have you been doing? We've all been worried about you since you never texted us anymore...', Rose nodded.

'I haven't really had the energy to message anyone. Sorry.', she apologized.

'OH- No, wait, I didn't mean it like that!', Willow gasped. 'No-no-  I just meant- Let's forget what I just said, but there is no need to apologize. How have you been doing?', Rose chuckled.

'It's been... okay.', she answered, wrapping her hands around the warm mug of chai tea. 'I think Oliver is having it worse than me.', Rose stopped talking when a waitress came up to them, to take Willow her order. 'We're still in the middle of unpacking everything. But Oliver doesn't want to unpack- he doesn't want a new room. He doesn't want new toys- he doesn't want anything!', Rose sighed, leaning her head on her hand. 'I don't know what to do anymore.',

'How is your house?', Willow asked. 'Do you have a lot to do still?',

'It's just the unpacking.', Rose mumbled. 'The kitchen has been done, the living room, bathroom, and Oliver's room. My room is- furnished. But that's it.',

'You want me to help you sometimes?', Willow asked. 'I would love to help.', Rose smiled, stirring her tea.

'No, but thanks though.', Rose answered. They glanced at the waitress who brought Willow her tea. 'But there is... something else you can help me with?', Willow stared at Rose. She noticed Rose's nervousness, she kept tapping on the table. It was like she was holding her breath for Willow to say something.

'Of course, what is it?', Willow asked. 'We're always here for you too help, y'know? Kim, Elise and me! You can ask us to help you anytime.',

'I know...', Rose mumbled. 'But- Elise and Kim don't understand me like you do, Willow.', Willow raised her eyebrow.

'What do you mean with that?', Willow asked. She had never heard Rose say this before. It sounded a little weird coming from her.

'Well- you have Luna.', Rose explained. 'I have Oliver. Elise doesn't have kids and doesn't want them and Kim is in the blooming of her career, she won't have kids soon as well.', Willow nodded slowly. 'So you understand how it is to have kids!',

'I think Elise and Kim understand how it is to have kids as well.', Willow said slowly. 'Luna is with Elise on Tuesdays and with Kim on Thursdays. Jae is in the office on workdays and I had school, obviously.',