𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨

(Before we start, hollems are a form of money in the realm)

𝐌𝐚𝐱'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

'𝘏𝘮, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺.' You see, I never usually go into town because of the crime rates there, but I go on the occasion of them having a good event. The award mostly being money, y'know? As I walk down the path to the town's billboard I see someone oddly familiar to... Sho? "There is no way..." I mutter under my breath. They then look at me after realizing I was staring and I immediately looked away.

"Hey, what were you staring for?" They call out I slowly looked up and said, "Oh uhm, I just thought you looked familiar to an old friend." They raised their eyebrow and nodded. I go back to looking for any events in the town and soon hear them say, "Hey... by any chance is your name Max?" My eyes widened after I heard the words come out of their mouth. I slowly nodded to surprised to speak and their eyes start to tear up as they hug as fast me as humanly possible. "Hey! Woah! Calm it, then I assume you are Sho right?" Oh god please be Shoyo, please be Shoyo. They hugged me tighter and I knew it was them, I sighed and hugged back slowly not wanting to freak them out.

"I missed you so much, where have you been?" They said, their voice breaking slightly. "I was always in the forest near here, I never trusted living in the town." They calmed themself down and started smiling. With the most stupid grin on their face, I heard them say, "Well at least we have each other now right?" I couldn't stop myself from smiling and nodded. I looked at them clearly now and realized what they really looked like. They had plant-like tendrils on their back, short purple hair with black eyes, and a green eye scar, of course with a small leaf on their head.

"You look so different, this place really changed our appearances huh?" They chuckled lightly. "Yeah I guess so, hey I was gonna go into town if there were any events happening. Wanna join?" I asked hopefully. They nodded their head rapidly and we started off into town.

________________________________________________________________________________

So turns out the event the town was having was a game event where if you beat at least 10 games against anyone you'd get 300 hollems. After a few hours, we both split up and won our share. "Well, I guess we can go our separate ways now. If you want we can meet up back here tomorrow and catch up?" They smiled and rubbed their eyes after what they heard. "Yeah, sure I'll see you tomorrow!" We both walked separate ways and off into our own homes. As I got ready to go to bed I grabbed a picture of all of us, it was in my pocket when I first got it for some odd reason. '𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭. 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘩𝘰, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴?...'

The next morning, Sho and I met up in the town square by the water fountain and started walking somewhere with fewer people. Sho gets claustrophobic when there are too many people. We both stepped on the shiny stepping stones over Sappho's River and stepped onto the dirt path. When we found a good spot, Sho sat on a big enough rock, as I stood in front of them. After talking for a bit about our situation, Shoyo said "So...I was thinking, maybe, we could try and find Evie or Blake first? I think I know where Evie may be, and I'm also pretty sure I saw someone who resembled Blake on the opposite side of town once or twice. Never said anything to that person though." Sho said.

"Why?" "Because every time I see them, I blink and they disappear before I get the chance to talk to 'em." "I see...So then maybe it's best we try and find Evie first. Where did you have in mind?" "Hmm, well, Evie loves bakeries. She can't resist them. There are three on the south side of town, and two more on the north side. If she's not in either of those places, we can look in the next town over. Either that, or we look anywhere that I hang out. She knows me very well, and if she was looking for us, she would probably look in places she might think I'm in." "Okay. But how are we going to search in all five bakeries at the same time? We're only two people." Sho blinked at me like I was stupid.