1.1

[Before you start this please know I am not a doctor, nor am I anywhere near to being one or anything like it. Yes I did in fact do some research, however let be clear not only is this a fiction story, the disease I use in this I did do research on it to an extent, however a lot of things are made up, and as far as I know this disease does have a cure to some extent, but this disease was the closest to what I was looking for, but please understand again a lot of this is made up to fit into my story, so if you want to know more about the real disease, please do your own research. Thank you.]

A cure. 

What a silly thing to want.

Silly to long for, to want, to need, to salivate and beg over, silly right? Especially for a cure that doesn't even exist.

What a silly thing. 

Silly, silly people, silly things, and a silly person. I guess that's all I will ever be huh. Or maybe stupid is a better word.

I have a case of Necrotizing Fasciitis. A flesh eating disease. But I guess there are a lot of different names for it, for short I just call it Necrotic or Necrosis, Probably would call it Necro but... That sounds short for Necrophilia. 

It eats your flesh slowly and painfully but after a while you grow a natural... Painkiller I guess. Or a natural numbness you just don't feel anymore. 

I still try every day to try to keep getting up, covering my face up with a mask and gloves, and go for testing, just hoping that they will magically get a cure, but I am slowly losing hope. I mean I only have like 6 or 7 months to live now.  

I lived a happy 22 years of my life. And I will die just before my birthday. What a surreal feeling, knowing when you will die by a disease slowly eating you away.

My neck skin, my arm skin, chest, stomach, and legs, has already been stitched back together, my jaw is going next, the skin is getting weaker and weaker, I can feel it. 

I sigh and walk into the building walking up to the same lab I always do. At least one thing makes me happy, the hot man I get to call my doctor, Elijah Reid. He is so handsome, he has a ring on, he must have a wife, but I can still stare at him, I mean for fucks sake I'm dying let me do what I want.

I walk in, and I see Elijah look up from his papers and smile at me

" Mr. Prentiss, I am happy to see you like always." He says, and I sigh walking over to him and taking off the mask and jacket. He is probably the only one who sees me body now, seeing as with all these scars of course anyone who sees always looks at me in a way I never want to see.

"Please for the love of god, just please call me Liam, I am dying, and you still keep calling me Prentiss." I whine and he smiles a bit

"Fine Liam, Lets get your blood yeah?" I smile and nod following him, sitting in the chair as he gets the needle and everything set up. God, he is so hot. He is clearly toned, not body builder toned but damn he is just so hot, the way his hair is a messy, yet styled and slick, his hands are 'manly' you could say, his hands were calloused, he has veins running up his arms too. Plus he wears glasses. God if only he wasn't married.

He took the needle, sticking it in my arm and taking the blood. Waiting till he had enough and removing it, going to take it to the test tubes and putting it in ready for testing. 

"How is your jaw?" He asks running his hand against it, and an unwanted smile forms on my face.

"Anytime I open my mouth too much I can just feel it stretching and tearing, but other than that it's fine." I say, and he nods, and I frown a bit as he moves his hand away.

"You shouldn't make so many facial expressions too, especially smiling seeing as that will just stretch your skin more." He says writing something on his board.

"Oh c'mon, I can't help but smile when I get to be with a man like you" I flirted, and I heard him chuckle and smirk turning to me

"Very funny Liam." He says and I smile. 

"What did I just say Liam" He says, and I roll my eyes groaning

"I am dying Elijah, cut me some slack."

"Don't think like that, it's not good for you" He says sternly, I just sigh and nod my head, letting him do his fancy tests with all these liquids and things. 

He has assistants, but he insists on doing it alone. I wonder why... I mean sure he makes excuses, but I don't believe it's the truth. 

He is 32, Isn't that young for a doctor? I guess I'm not sure... Probably could look it up. Or... 

I smile and walk up behind Elijah

"Is 32 young for such a handsome doctor like you?" I ask and I hear him snicker

"You shouldn't sneak up behind people."

"You didn't answer my question"

"Not really, most people graduate med school by 26 and get up to my level in 3 to 4 years. But to be fair my line of work is a bit different." I nodded and watched him work.

In the last 4 or so months we have got a lot closer, well at least I like to think we have, he acts a lot more comfortable with me than he used to. Maybe It's because I'm dying, but I guess I don't know. 

I would like to think it's more than just I'm dying, so he is being nice, I hope he is being nice just because he likes my personality, but I guess that's only a fantasy of mine

A/N How do you like the first part? 

Word Count: 1052