Where it all began

It all started when my dad called me down to get breakfast. I was sitting on my bed, and i had been doing nothing so far this morning. I looked at my hands. They were pale.
My old book was still laying on my night-stand. It had been laying there for a few months, and I never started reading it. I usually love reading, but this book makes me feel dizzy, and I just never feel like reading it. I think it's weird, because I barely even read the title.
I have never felt that way over a book before, but there is something about this book, that I can't explain.
"Sweetheart, are you coming?" My dad yelled from the kitchen.
"Just a moment" I said, with a tired voice, hoping he heard me.
I wasn't hungry. Not at all actually, but I went downstairs, took a piece of bread, and sat down at the dinner table.
"Good morning" said my little sister, Maia.
"Good morning" I said.
My dad wasn't the best cook, but he tried his best, since our mom wasn't here.
My moms name was Kira. I don't remember her, since she went missing when I was 4 years old. I have been told a few stories about her. I remember one time I asked my dad how she disapeared. His face went red. He hesitated, but then finally said: "When you were about 4 years old, your mom went missing." "I looked for her for days before i called the police, but it was too late. She was already gone."
"What happened after that?" I asked.
"The police and i looked for her everywhere, but we never found her. We even got the entire neighborhood to look for her." "It hurts to know that she could be in danger, or maybe she is already dead."

"Elena?"
I had been lost in thought.
"Elena, are you listening?"  It was Maia.
"Elena?!" I felt tired, and I just wanted to go back to my room, but i answered: "Yes, i'm listening"
"Ok, i was just making sure."
My dad looked at me, took a piece of bread, and put it on my plate. "I'm not really hungry" I said. "You look pale. Are you sure you don't want some food?" My dad said. "Dad, i'm fine. But thanks for caring."  He smiled. "Well I think I'm gonna go back up to my room." I said. "Ok" said my dad
I went back to my room, and sat down on my bed again. I didn't know what to do, but I should probably start off by getting dressed, so I put on a blue t-shirt, and some white jeans. I looked out of the window, and it was still kind of dark outside, but I decided to start drawing something with my new pencils. I sat down at my desk, But I didn't know what to draw. I started looking around the room to find inspiration, but the only interesting thing i could see was my mothers old book. I decided to look in the book for pictures to sketch, but as soon as I opened the book, a gigantic white light started forming out of the book! I immediately felt dizzy, and grabbed out for the chair, but it was too late, and i fainted.