[Chen] Poisonous Candy

For @Bao_the_baozi.

Thanks for the continuous support!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The moment you stepped foot in those school gates, everybody knew you were different. Piercing gaze, tall posture; it was obvious that you weren't a person that should be messed with. You had this kind of aura that could make people step back, and make plants probably shrivel and die. And that is probably why they gave you the nickname that matched that description perfectly well:

Poison.

You thought that was a good foundation as a transferree to avoid coming across annoying shit, but much to your bad luck, it only attracted a much bigger annoying shit. It was named Kim Jongdae.

"So you're the famous 'Poison' they're talking about." A guy appeared to you one day while you were just busy minding your own business. He snickered and gave you a long once-over, while you just gave him a cold, hard stare.

"Well, you don't look like much. Maybe they were just exaggerating." He looked pretty content with what he was doing. You decided to pretend he doesn't exist and started walking away, but he grabbed your shoulder to stop you. Immediately, you grabbed his hand, twisted it to his back, and pressed his face against the wall. He was groaning and fidgeting in discomfort, but he had no chance to get free.

"Listen, whoever you are." You hissed with the most venom possible. "Stay the fuck away from me, and don't ever touch me again."

With that said, you walked away, not even glancing back. You thought that was enough to get him intimidated like the rest, but then, he turned out to be the most stubborn prick you have ever encountered in your life.

"We're not done yet, Poison girl!" He called out, laughing. You pretended that you didn't hear anything, but you couldn't ignore the huge cluster of hate forming once again in your chest. Someone surely had a death wish, and you wouldn't even think twice in even being merciless.

Since that day, the next days that came never went on peacefully. Everywhere you went, anywhere you looked, that prick was always there. He was like a goddarn ghost. If he's not repeatedly chanting your nickname in the hallways, he follows you around from a distance and makes flirty faces whenever you look his way. Indeed, he stayed away from you and sure as hell didn't touch you again, but his mere existence felt like a sick torture to you. It was a nightmare.

At some point, you found out that he was named Kim Jongdae, but most people just called him Chen. Also, that even before you transferred to this school, he was already well known as a member of a famous boy group called Egg So or something. They're a bunch of guys who perform on school occasions, like an all boys glee club or something, and they have a shitload of fans too. Well, that explains the overflowing confidence coming from that prick.

He was the only person that could make you lose your composure.

On one random day, things seemed to take on a different direction. You were sitting on top of a tree on the far side of the school's football field--another randomly chosen hiding spot in hopes that the prick wouldn't be able to track you--all the while trying to relax, but just couldn't stop looking around every now and then just in case he was lurking around again. But surprisingly, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Weird," you muttered. Funny. You didn't realize that things would feel different when the prick is not around. It's like... like when the the sky doesn't have a moon. On normal times, you don't really care about it, but when it's gone, it just doesn't feel the same.

Oh whatever. You weren't really good at explaining things.

Grunting in frustration since you can't keep your mind in peace anyway, you decided to just go back into the building. As you jumped down the tree, you felt your hair brush against something. You immediately backed away and turned around, and there was Kim Jongdae, beaming.