Chapter I

The sewer lines have never been so cold and lonely. Animals of all kinds would dance and talk for hours on end, a smile never moving from their faces. The music always moved whoever it had sucked in whether they were an alligator or a chicken.  It was still like that now-and-then, but it was different for Acid Rat. 

His wife left him for neighbourhood renowned Loffer, Monty. She was his reason for life and what gave him joy, but when she abandoned him it felt as if the world lost colour and the rats that he once called besties surrounding him, faded shortly after. That was 5 years ago, and he had learnt the way that life danced.

"You gotta get out of her Acid Rat."

Jazz music softly played in the distance and the lights flickered as a response.

"Did you hear me man? We're closing up, get lost"

The god damn bartender had always been a prick, never let me have 5 minutes to myself. He threw me out last time just because I broke a gators snout, can you believe him? What an ass.

"Yeah, yeah I heard you stop nagging me Don,"  I replied.

That ass also happened to be my best rat, Don. I'd known him for years and we really helped each other out during our perfectly timed marriage failures. We almost married each other after that but I didn't say no homo at the alter so he called it off.

"Jeez, you're a real pain sometimes. Always find some way to screw up my night" Don dragged. 

I chuckled to myself "Love you too, no homo" Had to remember that no homo. Dons still kinda sensitive over that.

I plunked my bag over my shoulder and scuttled out at my slowest pace, juuuust to piss Don off enough that he had to pay my tab just to get me to leave quicker. My bag is just full of junk and shit but it was really important to me for some reason. My back is just getting worse and worse, honestly, my spines gonna break if I keep having to carry this arou-

WHACK

My thoughts were interrupted by a bright red stop sign, literally. 

My head hit the ground and a giant mouse stood in front of me, my ears just rang. Laughter welled up as my hearing came back and I realised who it was. Obviously bleached white fur, stubby tail, Obnoxious Shades glued to their face and a chic suit paired with high heels from budget Walmart (yes it exists).

Fucking.

Mouse.

Man.

He'd been tormenting me ever since my ex ran away with him and I didn't even know why. He's already taken my wife so what's the point now?

He grabbed my collar and poked my nose.

"Arent you just adorable! You've gotten even smaller!" He sneered, not even hiding the fact he was trying to hold back his laughter. His gang of basic bitches erupted as if he told the funniest joke ever, It was just weird.

"Do you ever leave this place?" one of them woofed

"You look like a budget ratatouille" another snorted

All of them had the shittiest insults I've ever heard, but still, I was terrified. Mouse Man pulled me closer, he smelled like Axe Bodyspray so I obviously gagged. 

"WHAT TEH FUK U GAGIN FOR HUH" 

No idea why but Mouse Man hired an Irish Terrier, he was a bit new but I think he was hired for diversity or something. Mouse Man smiled at me. I was confused for a second until I felt my stomach jolt as he jabbed me with his paw. I fell to the ground and said nothing, I just groaned in pain.

"At least gag at the right time, your wife even knew that" More laughing followed and each comment he made got worse, to the point it was just beating me while I was down. He got bored after a while and left but i still didn't move. Everything hurt so much, why was he still even there, it's not like anything was getting better. Who cares at this point, thinking this shit isn't gonna do anything anyway.

I just played there, hoping that the sun wouldn't rise for anybody else either.