1. loveproof

"My god Jun, stop checking your phone, he's not gonna call" Jeonghan sassed, sipping his strawberry milk. "What would you know about it?" Jun replied with a pout, putting his phone back in the pocket of his jeans. Jeonghan just sighed and shook his head, how could his friend be so naive?

"He got your number because of a school project, not because he wants to go out with you." he said, jumping off the brickwork where the two were sitting after their football practice. Junhui pouted even harder and brought the straw of his banana milk to his lips taking a long sip. "But he keeps sending me signs! The other day he even helped me to get my arm out of the vending machine!" Jeonghan couldn't help but chuckle at his clumsy friend, starting to walk away from him. Jun was quick to jump off where he was sitting and follow him, starting to ramble again. "Don't laugh! I'm sure he feels something-" he said starting to drink his almost empty banana flavored milk.

"Jun, he helped you because he's a class president and you're an idiot, and because he's a nice person. He doesn't have a crush on you." Jeonghan interrupted him, throwing his empty bottle in the nearest trashcan. "But he must be starting to develop an interest, don't you think? Maybe, since you're in the same class as him, you could put a good word on-" "No." the older stated "I don't want to participate in your filthy games of manipulation." Jun opened his mouth, ready to comply, but his friend was quick to place a finger on his already opened mouth. "Shush. I said no, no is no, Junhui."

The latter groaned and crossed his arms on his chest. The two started to walk again, under the warm lights of the sunset in their little town.

"I'm sure you wouldn't be this mean to me if you had a crush too." Junhui protested, only earning a disgusted expression from the longhaired boy.

"Crush culture makes me want to puke" he said, mimicking a retching of vomit, making the other giggle a bit. He gave him a little push "You'll know how it feels when it'll come."

Jeonghan didn't know how to reply, he didn't like the idea of drooling over someone only to change person after a month, and then start it all over again. It wasn't for him. And to be honest he was kinda scared about actually feeling that way, like his friend described.

"You talk like an old man Junnie, remember that I'm older than you" He said, pinching his cheek. "Yah! That hurts!" The two started to laugh as they walked on the street, heading home. It was then that their attention was caught by a sudden notification. Junhui was quick as hell to grab him own phone after he felt the unexpected vibration. Jeonghan gulped "It's probably my mom, I left my phone home, that's why she-" "hyung."

Junhui had his mouth wide opened, staring at the screen like if he had seen some divine light. Jeonghan groaned and rolled his eyes, he knew what was coming.

"I-It's him...he just asked me out!"

-

"No, I can't do it."

Joshua turned around, trying to escape, but two strong arms were ready to bring him back in front of the door of the cafeteria. "Of course you can! You already asked him out, and he said yes, right?" Joshua looked up at his friend and sighed loudly "To be precise, he said: 'OMGOMGOMG YES FINALLY', all in caps lock" Seungcheol giggled "See? This is your chance, stop being a coward. Plus, I'm here."

Joshua brought a hand to massage his temple. He felt like he was exploding. He sighed again "You're right Cheol, and thank you. I don't know what I'll do without you." Seungcheol gave him a warm smile in response and a pat of encouragement on the shoulder "No problem, you know I love to help my friends out with their crushes. It's a talent, I'd say." he winked, bringing his friend to crack a smile, finally.

"Alright. I'm ready, let's do this."

As soon as the two walked inside the cafeteria Seungcheol looked around to find the face of this boy whom his friend was so whipped for, he hadn't ever seen him yet, and curiosity was eating him alive. He was scanning every table until one caught his attention.