The Law (Part 2)

⚖️

Lisa was in the middle of unbuttoning her dress shirt when familiar arms wrapped around her waist from behind.

"You did great today, love."

She smiled and leaned against her husband's chest. "Speak for yourself, the women from the jury seemed like they already took your side."

Jungkook chuckled and nuzzled his nose to the crook of her neck. "They're not that simple minded, Lis. Plus, the men in the jury were eyeing you as well. Actually, almost all the men inside that courtroom was staring at you."

"We're both attractive," she stated before turning her head to meet his eyes. "no further discussion."

He laughs. "I agree, Attorney Manoban."

Lis smiled before kissing him on the lips. "Thank you for going easy on me today."

"You just finished handling a tough case a few days ago. You stayed up all night for weeks. So, of course I'll go easy on my wife on her first trial."

She sighed tiredly. "Kim Jennie's case is supposed to be simple. But because I didn't have enough sleep for a long time, I keep having these migraines from time to time. Preventing me from studying and thinking of a strategy."

"I told you to give it to someone else so you could rest, didn't I?" his eyes darkened. "Your law firm needs to stop giving you cases. They need to let you breathe for fúck's sake."

"Shh," Lisa gently caressed his arms that were wrapped around her waist. "I'm on a streak, Kook. That's why I keep having these cases. I haven't lose a single case for a month now. And the law firm would keep giving me cases until I lose."

"Then I'll make sure you'll lose this one." he stated.

She gave him a small smile before turning to face him. "Do whatever you want, Mr. Jeon. You know that I'm all about fairness."

Jungkook started planting soft kisses on her neck. "Of course, that's the reason why I married you."

"Are you going to use the evidence on the next trial?" she asked.

That made her husband pause. He raised his head to lock his penetrating eyes with her gentle ones.

"That's against our law, my love. We can't disclose information about our clients, remember?" he asked back.

Lisa sheepishly grinned. "I was only asking out of curiosity."

"Kim Jennie," he brushed his thumb against her lower lip. "do you really think she didn't do it?"

"That's also disclosing information, Mr. Jeon." she told him with one eyebrow raised.

He scoffed. "I'm only asking because I'm concerned that your attached to her, baby."

Lisa moved away from him. "I'm not attached, attracted to her - maybe."

Jungkook frowned. "What?"

She shrugged innocently. "Whether I think she did it or not doesn't mean that I'm attached to her. I'm just simply doing my job as her lawyer."

"You see, that's the only thing I hate about you. You free criminals as your job." he uttered.

"I help people clear their names." she corrected.

"They're criminals. You're only helping them get away from their consequences."

Lisa completely took off her top and crossed her arms. "Well, it's not my fault that you married me."

"That - " he dramatically paused as his eyes traveled down to her chest. "I cannot argue with."