Chapter Four - Another Incident, Presumably at Night.

Tommy found that he was asleep in Wilbur's room.

He was alone, on his bed.

He wasn't sure how he got there.

He remembered falling asleep on the couch, really.

But that was all.

He got up, and floated downstairs.

By 'floated', he actually phased through the fucking floor.

Wilbur witnessed it.

"WHAT THE FUCK TOMMY?" He screeched in an unholy tone, jumping at the sudden appearance.

Tommy burst into a laughter in the sudden reaction.

Wilbur was going red.

"You fucking gremlin, I'm going to punt you for this." He threatened sarcastically, grabbing a metal spoon then throwing it at Tommy's forehead.

Tommy allowed himself to vanish, reappearing unharmed.

He was grinning like mad.

"That can't hurt me you prick." He stated proudly, only to find Wilbur swooping him into his arms.

"WHAT THE-"

Wilbur then threw him onto the couch playfully, laughing at the scene.

Tommy was about to yell, but he found laughter escaping through his mouth.

Maybe Wilbur was right.

Not all humans are bad.

When they stopped laughing, Tommy noticed the new dark circles under Wilbur's eyes.

"Were you crying?" He said, hovering upside-down while poking at the bags.

Wilbur gently pushed the hand away, chuckling at his thought.

"Water doesn't harm me, Tommy - but staying under water too long does, don't think about doing anything. I haven't been crying, no." He smiled.

Tommy was still unsatisfied with his answer.

"You haven't been sleeping." He frowned, flickering to reappear on the ground, infront of Wilbur.

"I- well, er.. No? I was-"

Tommy interrupted Wilbur's stammering to nudge him towards the stairs.

Wilbur, confused, allowed Tommy to push him towards his bedroom.

"Sleep." He commanded.

"Tommy, I'm not tired." Wilbur sighed fondly, appreciating his concern.

Tommy narrowed his eyes.

"I will fucking batter you. Now sleep, Wilbur, I don't want a second ghost lingering around my house."

Wilbur burst into laughter.

Tommy slightly smiled.

"Alright, fine." He smiled, only to embrace Tommy in another hug.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He asked, confused.

Wilbur was slightly shocked.

"Tommy, I did this before. How do you not recognize it?" He asked, letting go.

Tommy was lost for words.

"It's called a hug. Have you never been hugged before?"

No response, yet again.

Wilbur's eyes lightened.

What kind of life did he use to lead?

He sighed.