Chapter 1: The family

Like any little boy or girl, you first start to believe that Santa, or the Easter bunny is real. What if it were? You never know. One thing might pop out of another, and something may strike to occur. So let me rephrase this. Hawks is a magical place full of excitement and adventure. You just have to find it. It appears in every corner. Jane and Mackenzie didn't think of it that way, though. Unfortunately, they were city born. The country was a horrid place to Mackenzie, but not for Jane, who hardly noticed anything at all. They were starting their adventure in the Yorkshire Dales.

"Mum!" Shouted Mackenzie from the corridor. "Angel is eating my charger, again!" Angel was their pet Shih Tzu (shit-zoo) they had the darling dog since Jane was born. Well, when Jane was 16 months, to be precise. "Darling, I told you to pack it, anyways. Take the plug  away and put Angel in the car, please dear? I'm about to send her to uncle Richards." "Oof, Uncle Richard's." Hissed Mackenzie quietly in a pained tone. Uncle Richard always came at every single holiday, and brought them ugly clothes that he forced them to wear. Well, very kindly insisted that they wear them. 

Jane and Mackenzie were 11, identical twins, in fact. Their mother only planned on having one of the children, but she was happy either way. 

Jane was always reading books, and even though she was given a very new phone for her last birthday, she never seemed to use it. She was on Oliver Twist at the moment. Dad was just like a dad, he would go to work and follow his wife, and be angry and happy when necessary. Nana came sometimes, but not always, like uncle Richard. Their aunt wasn't even married when they were born, so he was like a stepdad or something like that. Their family was an interesting ordinary, fun family. 

But that didn't last