Chapter 12

After the intensity of their night, during which they woke up once more to make love to each other, they both slept late. When Rosie woke up, the sunlight was already streaming into the bedroom through the balcony windows. Jennie was sitting up next to her, reading a book, and weaving her fingers through Rosie's hair.

"Mmm don't stop," Rosie mumbled into the pillow, closing her eyes again against the brightness. "Feels good."

Jennie chuckled, the sound coming from low in her throat. She obliged and dug her fingers further into Rosie's hair, scratching gently along her scalp. Rosie groaned in pleasure, moving closer to Jennie and wrapping her arm around the bare skin of her waist. It seemed that when Jennie got up to open the blinds, she hadn't bothered to put any clothes on, and Rosie was... moved by that.

Even though they had been intimate quite a few times by now, it was one thing to be naked when things were about to happen; it was quite another to be willingly vulnerable when intimacy wasn't expected. Rosie's eyes snapped open. Jennie was lying there, the covers pushed down around her waist, and she wasn't wearing anything save her reading glasses. There was nothing sexual about her nakedness; Jennie was just feeling comfortable and relaxed with Rosie, if the soft look on Jennie's face gave her any indication.

Jennie smiled, then shuffled down the bed so that they were at eye-level with each other. She kept her hand in Rosie's hair, twirling it between her fingers, and pressed a chaste kiss to Rosie's lips.

"Good morning," she whispered, kissing Rosie once more.

"Good morning, swamp witch," Rosie replied, her voice still hoarse from sleep and stroking Jennie's hip with her thumb. "What time is it?"

"It's ten minutes past midday," Jennie replied, just as Rosie's stomach growled loud enough to stop Jennie from saying whatever she was about to say next. Instead, breathy laughter spilled out of Jennie as surprise crossed her face. Jennie looked so adorable that Rosie wasted no time before cuddling her closer, giving her an affectionate squeeze. When her giggles subsided, Jennie glanced up with a scrunchy-nosed smile. "We really need to feed you," she said, patting Rosie's stomach.

"That's probably a really, really good idea," Rosie agreed with a smile. "I'm shocked that Jisoo and Seulgi haven't tried to wake us up."

"One of them did knock an hour or so ago, but you were still fast asleep then." She paused, before her face turned a little more serious. "I think we should talk about Lisa's visit and what it means for us, if anything," Jennie said, in a tone of voice that suggested that she'd been thinking about it for a while that morning already. "And I'd like to look through some more of the questions from the folder. I want to learn more about the woman who takes my breath away," she added with a smile.

And just like that, Rosie's whole body seemed to flood with warmth and affection. She moved impossibly closer to Jennie, laying her head on her chest, wrapping one arm around her waist, and tangling their legs together. "I'd like that too," she murmured into Jennie's skin, pressing a kiss to her sternum.

"We should wait until Jisoo and Seulgi have gone back to the mainland. They both have a shift today, I remember them telling me yesterday."

Rosie nodded, and she felt Jennie's fingers trailing through her hair again. "Yeah. I'm sure there are a lot of things I still don't know about you. Like," she said, craning back a little so she could look at Jennie, "you kind of... tap your fingers on my skin when you're sleeping, as if you're playing the piano. Have you ever played?"

Jennie huffed out an amused breath, dancing her fingers along Rosie's spine. "As a matter of fact, I did play for a little while; Taeyeon thought it was befitting, so I started learning when I was six. But at school, they had more instruments, and I when I was a little older I discovered that I was better at the flute. I played for years, but not regularly for a while now, not since running YG as well as J-Corp."