|3| Some mystery's are better unsolved

>

I woke up early in the morning to get extra training over with for today, it was also a way for me to be on my own for the time being since I was stuck with 4 other kids in a small room and with Mylo around it often got musty in the mornings, I put on my gear and took my Bo with me then headed outside.

You could tell it was morning hours in Zaun when the air felt colder and sharper on the tip of your nose, without that chilling breeze Zaun's light never shone through.

Time skip

My boots were peaking over the edge of the roof, the height of the building made my skin get goosebumps but I knew that this was the only way I could get the best out of practice. I took a deep breath, took a few steps back from the edge and started running.

Flashback

The sun could be seen for once, it felt uncomfortable and I could feel my legs burning but it was the only time we'd get sunlight. We were by the lake for a while which was just outside of Piltover- this is where all the Zaunite children came when the winter was far gone.

Me and Viktor always stuck by each other, we chose to keep a distance to everyone else but that's how we liked it. I was the stronger one out of the two of us so I always felt it was right that I keep an eye out for anyone close by because the other kids poked fun at him.

This time I let myself enjoy the weather, I even played with the other girls around the lake. A girl named Skye sat on top of a rock with me as she braided my hair and for once I felt like I had started doing what I should be doing at my age. However, I should've kept my eye out on Viktor.

~

"Did you see the jump I did before I hit the water?" I asked him, holding his hand. He smiled "How couldn't I? You were yelling at me to look at you and everyone started staring" he said which made me laugh, something felt wrong, it was never safe down here yet we haven't had any trouble.

I spoke too soon, a group of boys from the lake had walked over to us and started circling the two of us. "I told you guys, i don't have anything" Viktor spoke up, his hand gripping my own tightly. They still continued to taunt, even going as far to knock over his Caine. My teeth gritted, I hate it when people talk down on him "Leave him alone!" I piped up and they all started to laugh "Your getting your little sister to speak up for you that's sad-" they said and I could see Viktor's face change and suddenly a loud impact was heard, I looked and he'd punched one of the guys in the jaw which caused the guy to grab his face in agony, "You're gonna be sorry you fucking cripple"  The boy said and got the rest of his friends to pull us to the floor. As I was only small I managed to squirm out from underneath them and grab a rock from the floor and chuck it at one of their heads, "I told you to leave him alone!" I shouted, although my heart was racing, the boys all looked towards each other and walked towards me.

My palms started to sweat and my body suddenly stopped moving, before I let them hurt me Viktor weakly said from behind them "Run y/n!" Which gave me the sudden burst of energy and I ended up sprinting all through the undercity, eventually climbing into an empty crate and hiding till they finally left.

~

Out of breath I ran back to find Viktor, I found him slumped against a wall holding onto his shoulder in pain, I helped him stand and put his arm around my shoulder as we walked back to our worn down home "I shouldn't have left you-" I said out of breath "No. when I tell you to run you run as fast as you can. Don't worry about me" he said sternly and I nodded in response, he attempted to lighten to mood slightly and huffed out a laugh "Maybe we should stay at home for a bit huh?" He looked down at me "If it means you'll make me another toy boat then yes, I think we should" I said and we laughed.